Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time for a new instrument?
Time for a new instrument?
Hello everyone!  I've been gone for a while.  I joined in 2012 after starting therapy for the first time.  I've been 100% compliant since day 1.  My therapy is going well.  My AHI is <1.0 every single night!  I learned a lot here.  My new insurance company says it's time for a new machine and they will pay for it.  Imagine that.  I like my S9 auto and it's still working great.  I'm considering the S10 auto.  I've read its reviews here and it seems like the S10 is a little better.  Somebody give me an updated opinion of the S10 vs the S9.  Is it WiFi or not.  it still has an SD card if I'm reading correctly.  Thanks y'all…...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time for a new instrument?
Welcome back Joe.

The A10 series is really a repackaged and slightly updated version of the S9. They are very similar in operation, though very different in looks. The A10 comes with a built-in modem which operates on the cellular network so your DME and/or doctor can spy on you monitor your progress and make remote changes if necessary. Personally I don't want anybody changing my settings except me, so this may need to be a point of discussion with your DME.

Members have been reporting that Resmed don't include the SD card any more but you can easily get your own from the usual places.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I was afraid of. I'm guessing the modem can be disabled but the DME probably won't like that. I don't want "them" making any changes either. I'll think about it a while longer. Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen no indication that my Dr. or the DME pays any attention to my data or settings. I have chanf]ged settings several times and the have not responded in any way. I think they just monitor compliance.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Melman, it may be that because you're a long-standing user "they" don't bother with you any more. However we have had quite a few people on the forum tell about settings being changed, or getting angry phone calls from the DME when a patient dared to change their own settings. Joe, being a similarly long-standing user, probably won't have any grief but it's worth knowing that this can happen and be prepared to take whatever stand you feel appropriate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 712 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 111 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 254 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 292 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,895 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 776 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 284 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.