Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time for a new machine ??
Time for a new machine ??
I currently have the ResMed S9 Autoset that I purchased online from Supplier #2 after my prior S9 had a bearing go bad.  I've had the 'replacement' machine for just over 5 years and in that time I've changed sleep doctors also.  Medicare and my supplemental insurance paid for the first machine (S9) I had.  I have no idea whether this new sleep doctor will give me what I ask for as far as brand of machines, or if he will think that a 'brick' is good enough.

At any rate what I would like to know is:  Are the AirSense 10 for Her really better than the regular AirSense 10 machines?  I would like to avoid having another sleep study if possible and if that means paying out of pocket, I will consider doing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time for a new machine ??
I give the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her a best choice because it is a very flexible AutoSet with full data and an extra algorithm in the auto mode

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) full data

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) full data

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP) full data

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37015, 37203) (Fixed CPAP) (Lack of full data capability) (NOT acceptable)

If possible always order with Heated hose.

Note:  No one here will recommend every AirSense model as a primary machine.  FULL data is very important.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
If I had a choice, I would get the "For Her".

Since you have a new sleep doctor, let us know if he requires a new sleep study. I hope not!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear,
I hope your new sleep doc is attentive to your needs.
Hopefully, you won’t have to get another sleep study.
Good luck to you on your machine decision and getting the one you really want.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If I should find the AirSense 10 Autoset for Her machine, does anyone know if I will need to adjust my current settings on the new machine due to the different algorithms?
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you purchasing through insurance or self financeing? The standard algorithm is the same as your S9. You can try other algorithms, and make a decision when you see the results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 04:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Are you purchasing through insurance or self financeing?   The standard algorithm is the same as your S9.  You can try other algorithms, and make a decision when you see the results.

After much discussion with my husband and with the supplier, I've decided to purchase through self financeing.  I was able to  buy a 'gently used' ResMed AirSense S10 for Her that has 56 hours on it for a reasonable price.  It also comes with a warranty which I hope I will not need.  My sole concern now is that I will be able to adjust to the different algorithm that comes with the 'For Her' machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine. The "for her" algorithm is just one option with that machine. If you don't like it you can revert to the autoset algorithm which will be much the same as your S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2017, 09:34 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Congrats on the new machine. The "for her" algorithm is just one option with that machine. If you don't like it you can revert to the autoset algorithm which will be much the same as your S9.

Thank you for the reassurance on the algorithm.  It is nice to know that the same algorithm as the S9 exists also on the S10.  Someone asked me recently........."how do you manage to sleep with all that stuff attached to your face"?  I chuckled and told them......."It's easy because I like to breathe while I'm sleeping."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 89 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 226 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 142 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,168 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Pressure Variation with Time Heaviside 2 176 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.