Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time for a new machine, need advice.
Time for a new machine, need advice.
Hi everyone,
I have a S8 that still works but the humidifier & the power button are done. My insurance will allow 85% of the contracted (mistery) rate. I would like to update to something w/ a data card. I was thinking of an auto s9.My pressure feels fine for me but it's been years since my last sleep test. Is there anything I need to look for not to miss something important? Is there a new machine of choice of members? Thanks Brian.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time for a new machine, need advice.
(09-07-2012, 05:41 PM)Yawnmaster Wrote: I was thinking of an auto s9.
Its a good choice. There several models of the S9 series and not all full data capable machines.
Avoid Escape models (S9 Escape and S9 Escape Auto)
The prescription should specify type of machine for example:
ResMed S9 AutoSet, Full Data Capable Machine - H5 humidifier - ClimteLine - washable water tub (sometimes its optional item) - mask of choice and "DIPENSE AS WRITTEN".
The S9 AutoSet is the only machine supported by TWO free readily available software (ResScan and SleepyHead)
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi yawnmaster:
I have The S9 autoset and realy like it, I think the two most popular machines are
1- ResMed S9 AutoSet
2- Phillips Respironcis System One Auto
Both can be used in fixed pressure and auto modes

Oh by the way welcome to the forum
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Yawnmaster, First, WELCOME! to the forum.! I have a "Resmed" machine as you will see at the head of this post, and I like it very much. Whatever machine you decide to get, you want it to be a data-capable machine. Best of luck to you on your decision and hang tight for more suggestions. BTW, the difference between the "for Her" model and the s9AutoSet is the color. The s9AutoSet is brushed silver color and the "S9AutoSet For Her" is a pink color.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed S9 Autoset has my vote. I've had the Respironics RemStar Auto, and it was a good machine, but the ResMed S9 Autoset is better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for being nice and making it easy, I guess the autoset is the plan for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: th_0.gif]

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck. Read the reviews on online retailers, and of course your fellow members. I think an auto, since it can be used as a CPAP is a good choice. Happy Shopping
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2012, 05:55 PM)lonnieb Wrote: I have The S9 autoset and realy like it, I think the two most popular machines are
1- ResMed S9 AutoSet
2- Phillips Respironcis System One Auto
Both can be used in fixed pressure and auto modes

The newer Philips Respironics machines, the so-called 60 Series machines, are not supported by the free SleepyHead software. You'll have to pay for the commercial EncoreBasic software.

After using both software packages I have to say that SleepyHead is by far better. EncoreBasic is slower and has way less functionality.

If you go with a ResMed machine you'll be able to use either SleepyHead or ResMed's free Rescan software.

Alternatively you could try to find one of the older Philips Respironics 50-Series machines, like I have. Many on-line providers have them on sale. The easiest way to tell the difference is that the 60-Series machines have available an optional heated hose.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2012, 05:41 PM)Yawnmaster Wrote: Hi everyone,
I have a S8 that still works but the humidifier & the power button are done. My insurance will allow 85% of the contracted (mistery) rate. I would like to update to something w/ a data card. I was thinking of an auto s9.My pressure feels fine for me but it's been years since my last sleep test. Is there anything I need to look for not to miss something important? Is there a new machine of choice of members? Thanks Brian.

ResMed S9 AutoSet
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,832 8 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,453 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.