Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time of Apneas
Time of Apneas
New User here...

Diagnosed with OSA at 32 and realized after reading a ton that this has effected me most of my adult life. I snore so badly at times my wife can hear me downstairs on the couch after she leaves our bedroom at night.

That being said, my AHI was 40. I've taken well to APAP and my AHI's are averaging below 1 for the first two weeks. I definitely feel better in the mornings, more alert, no more afternoon yawning, no more antacids at night, no more waking up to pee, and most important less grump and no snoring..

Crazy when I look back and see all the changes in such a short period of time.

So, after reading hundreds of posts here I just downloaded Sleepyhead to review my data. I'd post the images but my post count isn't high enough yet. I've noticed that the majority of my events happen between 4 am and 6 am when I get up. I'm think it's because I'm waking up? Or perhaps just coincidence?

Just curious if anyone else has noticed any trends in their data around a period of time?

Thanks,
Skip

Btw, such an awesome board and the wealth of info here is great. Thanks to everyone who has not only shared their info but also their time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time of Apneas
Hi RedSkip,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are adjusting to CPAP very well and that you're noticing improvements.
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice that if I have insomnia or just trouble falling asleep - my machine registers all kinds of events (central apneas, hypopneas, and periodic breathing) while I am awake or barely sleeping. If I wake up shortly (~1/2 hour) before the alarm and keep the mask on trying to sleep more until the alarm sounds, my AHI always climbs during that period. I think I am unconsciously fighting the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The time when one is still awake, falling asleep, or coming out of sleep generates what some call "wake-sleep junk."

Also, some people have more events during REM.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
From all of the reading I've done here I don't worry about any of the sleep-wake junk readings.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My high AHIs are when I sleep on my back (usually the start of the night) and first thing in the morning when I debate about getting up or not. Most of the time, my AHI is around 1 during the night when I am truly asleep. I have gotten to the point where I can look at my AHI and tell if I had just gotten up or not (without looking for the break).

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
You are not alone with that problem. I had no central apneas in my sleep study a year ago, however, almost all of my apneas now are centrals. Alot of my centrals occur between 5 and 7 a.m. This morning I had 10 centrals between 6 and 7 a.m.when I was more or less dozing. Since my average AHI for the past year is 2.4 I am not too concerned about the centrals. To me they are just junk centrals. However they do make my AHI look worse than it actually is.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have virtually all of my events during REM and my longest time of REM is between 3 and 5 a.m. That could be the same for you but you are awakened by your clock for work. Check to see if the weekend data varies when you sleep in a bit more. It could be that you need to go to bed just a wee bit earlier to maximize your REM sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, RedSkip.

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate everyone's comments. Working on my post count to upload some data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 570 3 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,432 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.