Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full Face Mask Sizing Templates
Full Face Mask Sizing Templates
I've been reading so many comments about mask leaking and mask styles that made me interested again in ResMed's sizing templates -- which are actually supposed to be for use by the DME's instead of patients.

Since I received more service from the McD drive-thru than from my DME, I went the online route for subsequent mask orders -- and continually mess up with sizing. The confusion might also be brought about by "how" the sizing templates are to be used.

For example, the lower chin line is simple enough, though the upper size indicator tabs are confusing. You'll get several credible industry answers as to which one to choose:

(1) Choose the size indicator tab that meets your nose bridge

(2) Choose the size indicator tab that meets your pupil

Note that (1) and (2) are different for me, and maybe others. Which one is more accurate?

(3) But if it's XYZ-mask, it meets the face a little differently so you might instead choose this size... [If that's the case, why doesn't ResMed (and the others) specifically state that?]

(4) If you're a mouth-breather you might want to get a little bit larger because you're going to open your mouth a bit once asleep. [Although it may be true, the experts say a big "no" to that.]

Has anyone out there used the ResMed's sizing templates and have you found them to accurately predict the size? Is there a better way to "read" them?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full Face Mask Sizing Templates
I never used them as my DME will always take mine back if it doesn't fit right. The few times I dealt with them directly, they never used a template. Now they just ship my stuff UPS although they are only 15 miles away. The templates that I have seen from various companies always struck me as troublesome to use and inaccurate. I am a mouth breather and agree with (4) in getting one size larger. I know that this does not answer your question, which is a good one, and makes me wonder how much effort these companies put into their templates.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 245 6 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 166 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 139 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 665 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,057 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 760 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.