Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tinnitus
RE: Tinnitus
I didn't get around to providing any relevant background for my particular hearing losses, but I was in the Canadian Armed Forces for 30 years, much of it on tank live-fire battle runs as a crew commander/troop leader (meaning my head was out of the turret hatch and I got exposed to ranging gun, co-ax, and main armament blasts.  Plus movement noises, such as those large cooling fans under the multiple folding louvres on the Centurion MBT, the howling of the Rolls-Royce Meteor engine, and the track noises.

I learned quickly to roll bits of toilet paper and shove them into my ears, or to use rubbery plugs purpose-designed, and then to crank up the volume of my headsets.  That saved me from much more substantial losses.  BTW, by far the worst din came in a buttoned down M-113 APC at speed running down gravel roads.  It was like living inside the oil channels of the engine block of a Ferrari.

And then there were the murdercycles.  Three of them until I enrolled.

And like some of you, I was also Range Safety Officer plenty of times, including grenade ranges and battle tank firing practices on the firing points, and did my fair share of firing machines guns, TOW missiles, and side-arms.  It all adds up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Health] Earbuds to help with tinnitus? DeepBreathing 44 1,208 05-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.