Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tip for Climateline tube users who can't adjust temperatures
Tip for Climateline tube users who can't adjust temperatures
This will probably apply to only a few users of the Climateline heated tube, but I wanted to pass on some learning just acquired:

In months past, I seemed to be able to adjust the tube temperature with the obvious and visible function on the display.  For the past two weeks, for some reason, no amount of fiddling with the controls would present me with 'manual, auto' for the tube temperature.  All the display would show in options was humidity level.

On a hunch, I removed the connector at the back and re-inserted it.  Instantly the display showed me that tube temperature was now an option.  I don't know if it was a glitch, or poor contacts at the connector, but re-seating the connector after removing it completely got me the results I needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
RE: Tip for Climateline tube users who can't adjust temperatures
I would ask for tip on cleaning and soaking the ClimateLine tube. But it appears that you do not disconnect your hose very often.

Do you have any other tips for ClimateLine for anyone that may be getting one?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean the hose connector or machine power connector?

I've also been meaning to ask... is there a right way to clean the ClimateLine?

I'm assuming the power end shouldn't be water soaked so I've been plugging that end/holding it higher and just swishing warm water through the other end.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was referring to the hose connection only. The ResMed reference says it can be soaked and cleaned just as others but just to be sure the connector is completely dry before plugging back in. 

I have a ComforLine on order but have never had one before. So no experience here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks mesenteria.

I've never been able to adjust temperature with mine. S10 *for her*.

Now I need a workaround for no memory. Last night I forgot to fill the humidifier tank. I woke my dog walking by. I had mask on, cervical collar and tape on my lips. He didn't recognize me. He's a fine watch dog. Scared the u no wat out of me.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, B1Sailor  The DME rep I picked up my ResMed AirSense 11 from recommended cleaning the hose when the shower, then hanging it up to air dry.  The inside won't dry entirely that way, but it will the next time you use it on the machine.  Seems to work!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, everyone.  I mean the electrical connecting prong that inserts into the back of the machine.  I simply removed it, waited for the display to change, which it should immediately, and then shoved it back in firmly, but being careful to align it properly with the key at the machine's back orifice. 

To clean my climateline, I remove it, pour about half a cup of a solution of sodium or potassium meta-bisulfite* into one end, and raise and lower the ends alternately so that the meta-bisulfite makes contact with all the inner surfaces.  Dump that after three or four swishes, add a cup of clean water, swish again, and then drape the hose over the shower curtain to dry.

After washing my cushion in warm soapy water, I do the same thing with the potassium meta-bisulfite, swish it around to contact all surfaces, rinse, and let the cushion air dry somewhere safe.  Ideally where you'll remember where it is.  Too-funny

* You can get small bags of the bisulfite powder from all do-it-yourself beer and wine outlets. It's just a couple of dollars for enough to last you a couple of years. Make up a solution in a sealable bottle, half a liter to one tsp of the powder, and cap it between uses.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @Lucid 
The ResMed manual says to clean ClimateLine just like other hoses with the same schedule. Drying daily and washing weekly. I read somewhere it could be soaked but to be sure the connector was dry before use. 
I was just looking for experience for any gotchas. Don't know it the heater wire could de-laminate or something. 

I have a Hurricane Dryer so I put my tube in first thing in morning to eliminate any moisture that could encourage any growth of undesirables.

I plan to clean like a regular hose so I will find out.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only "gotcha" I can think of with the ClimateLine hose is on the mask end.  There is that little tip that sticks up into the flow of air (temp & humidity sensor ???) so be gentle around that.

I clean mine every 4-6 weeks with soap and water with a long tube brush, then soak in a bucket of Control III for 10-15 minutes.  Then rinse well, hang to dry.  Never had any issues.  I also have a second ClimateLine that I rotate out when cleaning.  This way the other one gets plenty of time to air dry, then goes into storage until the next cleaning.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never cleaned my climateline hose.  I don't see any need to.  It's just clean air and a little mist going through.  I don't think that could harm me.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,067 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 471 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.