Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tips for sleeping on your side with Mirage Quattro mask?
RE: Tips for sleeping on your side with Mirage Quattro mask?
(11-29-2012, 06:28 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I use a feather pillow and just punch a dent where the mask is. Or hang it off the edge. The mask off the edge of the pillow I mean.

I've only met two or three folks who like the CPAP pillow. Everyone else who has tried it didn't like it very much.

That's the main reason I never tried one, they're a foam pillow and I read every single review for a couple of different CPAP pillows on Amazon and the other problem I saw mentioned was a few people said it made their face hot... I'm always too hot anyway (my bp is normal) and that was another thing I really hated about my $100 mistake (Tempur-Pedic) pillow.

Post Reply Post Reply
After reading about pillow options last night, I recalled that I had a special pillow for neck pain that had been purchased a few years ago. It is made from a dense foam (but not memory foam), is standard pillow length, and has a carved out section in the middle. I was able to sleep on my side, particularly when the CPAP mask did not touch the pillow. Leaks occurred if I was stretching facial skin, leading to a break in the skin/mask interface, but were greatly reduced if the skin was slightly bunched up toward the mask. Side sleeping appears be feasible with pillow as long as I move carefully and adjust things when moving from the back to a side. :-) Wahoo!

TheWerkz, thanks for reporting your pillow quest... Reviews were a rather mixed for most pillows in my search last night and it would have been a tough choice to buy any of them. I'm glad that my old "neck" pillow seems to resolve my issue and I'm happy to read that you have found a great pillow for that works for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2012, 04:11 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: My FINAL pillow I'll ever use now is a MyPillow, yes, the one from the dorky infomercials, I bought it last January and it actually works great for me and because of the hundreds of pieces of shredded foam inside it, it doesn't push hard enough on my mask to cause leaks, I did have to determine the proper "snugness" (is that even a word?) for my mask but it didn't take long and my leak rate last night was 0.0, I may even put off having neck surgery for another 12 years, plus, I don't wake-up with a tension headache

We just bought four of these pillows and they are awesome! Plus they are made in the USA. My head is too heavy for down. Even a $150 down pillow will end up flat and useless under my noggin. The My Pillows have a perfect balance for softness, support, and breath ability. My head feels cushioned, but won't sink in far enough to knock the mask askew.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,352 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 205 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.