Tips for sleeping on your side with Mirage Quattro mask?
TheWerkz Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i & ClimateLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto-CPAP 11 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Tips for sleeping on your side with Mirage Quattro mask?
(11-29-2012 06:28 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I use a feather pillow and just punch a dent where the mask is. Or hang it off the edge. The mask off the edge of the pillow I mean.

I've only met two or three folks who like the CPAP pillow. Everyone else who has tried it didn't like it very much.

That's the main reason I never tried one, they're a foam pillow and I read every single review for a couple of different CPAP pillows on Amazon and the other problem I saw mentioned was a few people said it made their face hot... I'm always too hot anyway (my bp is normal) and that was another thing I really hated about my $100 mistake (Tempur-Pedic) pillow.
11-29-2012 08:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
IDRIck Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i plus climateline
CPAP Pressure: CPAP mode 18 cm
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Pad-a-cheek anti leak strap

After reading about pillow options last night, I recalled that I had a special pillow for neck pain that had been purchased a few years ago. It is made from a dense foam (but not memory foam), is standard pillow length, and has a carved out section in the middle. I was able to sleep on my side, particularly when the CPAP mask did not touch the pillow. Leaks occurred if I was stretching facial skin, leading to a break in the skin/mask interface, but were greatly reduced if the skin was slightly bunched up toward the mask. Side sleeping appears be feasible with pillow as long as I move carefully and adjust things when moving from the back to a side. :-) Wahoo!

TheWerkz, thanks for reporting your pillow quest... Reviews were a rather mixed for most pillows in my search last night and it would have been a tough choice to buy any of them. I'm glad that my old "neck" pillow seems to resolve my issue and I'm happy to read that you have found a great pillow for that works for you!
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012 08:28 PM by IDRIck.)
11-29-2012 08:27 PM
idahocouchpotato Offline

Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 20/16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I always wanted to be more like Darth Vader

(11-29-2012 04:11 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:  My FINAL pillow I'll ever use now is a MyPillow, yes, the one from the dorky infomercials, I bought it last January and it actually works great for me and because of the hundreds of pieces of shredded foam inside it, it doesn't push hard enough on my mask to cause leaks, I did have to determine the proper "snugness" (is that even a word?) for my mask but it didn't take long and my leak rate last night was 0.0, I may even put off having neck surgery for another 12 years, plus, I don't wake-up with a tension headache

We just bought four of these pillows and they are awesome! Plus they are made in the USA. My head is too heavy for down. Even a $150 down pillow will end up flat and useless under my noggin. The My Pillows have a perfect balance for softness, support, and breath ability. My head feels cushioned, but won't sink in far enough to knock the mask askew.
11-30-2012 01:16 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Side Effects Tom Whit 4 399 10-24-2016 08:08 PM
Last Post: NorthernGuy
  Any tips for fitting a ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask? Spy Car 40 2,179 10-15-2016 06:11 AM
Last Post: rwelliot
  [Diagnosis] Could Sleeping Pill During Test Cause False Apnea Diagnosis Violetskyye 20 1,036 09-23-2016 03:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Anyone tried Quattro FX and Amara View masks? mj1127 2 321 09-17-2016 10:28 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Gross [Equipment] CPAP Quit while Sleeping kwhenrykerr 3 360 08-20-2016 05:00 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  AHI, leaks, sleeping on your side or back jxyzobrien 2 482 08-18-2016 05:20 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  sleep study: sleeping position storywizard 8 577 08-17-2016 11:34 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket