Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a new Machine and need advice (self supported)
Getting a new Machine and need advice (self supported)
Hello,

I'm on a 10 year old CPAP subcription, not using insurance and only using an online provider I uploaded my prescription to about 7 years ago.   I did pay for an OSCAR data analysis about a year ago, just to verify all is well.

I saw an AirSense 10 for a good price ($750, where the 11 was listed at $1400'ish).    I've never gotten anything from Philips recalls, only have the existing AirSense 10, and really wanted a backup machine on hand.

I believe it would be prudent to unbox the new AirSense 10, and use it at least a couple of nights (to verify all is well).   Would it be better to then box the older AirSense 10, or would it be better to box the new AirSense 10?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on long-term (multi-year) storage of an AirSense 10?   There is that one non-removable seal for the water chamber.   Offhand I'd worry most about that silicon(?) material drying out during long term storage.

Edit: This new AirSense 10 says it's a "Card to Cloud" version. I assume that means it's just missing the modem, and the data is readable by OSCAR. I haven't looked into that yet. I'm shocked ReSmed gave up the forced data collection willing? That seems odd.

Thanks for any tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting a new Machine and need advice (self supported)
For me, I'd go with the AS10, because it has a more robust blower system than the AS11. I'm not enamored with the way the AS11 uses a timezone instead of setting a time. Changing the timezone requires totally resetting the complete unit, including the SD card. Also, if you have a ClimateLine hose or spare humidifier tanks, or power supplies for your current AS10, then they will not fit the AS11.

My only consideration for long term storage is the onboard battery. These units use a battery like a CR2032 for the clock. It can be replaced, although you will get intimately familiar with its innards.

I'm sure others will also offer thoughts that I have managed to overlook.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,023 8 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 169 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,446 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 325 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 455 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 278 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,014 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.