Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tired after waking up
RE: Tired after waking up
So I still have headaches. They seem to be getting worse. Ive lowered my range to 10.4 to 13.6 with an EPR of 3 and got an AHI of 1.34, 1.02 and 1.46. If I lower EPR, I have difficulty exhaling.

Ive noticed that im tired if I get 6 hours of sleep, but much better if I get 8 hours. Headaches are still bad though. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I was titrated to require a pressure of 8 when on my side, and 12 when on my back, so my low pressure is too high for when I switch to sleeping on the side during my sleep? I do find myself waking up from time to time so not sure if that has any impact.. I would never wake up in the night when not on my APAP.

Is there anything that is a cause for worry or shoukd I just be patient?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tired after waking up
(05-08-2015, 04:43 PM)darth_vapor Wrote: So I still have headaches. They seem to be getting worse. Ive lowered my range to 10.4 to 13.6 with an EPR of 3 and got an AHI of 1.34, 1.02 and 1.46. If I lower EPR, I have difficulty exhaling.

Ive noticed that im tired if I get 6 hours of sleep, but much better if I get 8 hours. Headaches are still bad though. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I was titrated to require a pressure of 8 when on my side, and 12 when on my back, so my low pressure is too high for when I switch to sleeping on the side during my sleep? I do find myself waking up from time to time so not sure if that has any impact.. I would never wake up in the night when not on my APAP.

Is there anything that is a cause for worry or shoukd I just be patient?

How are your oxygen levels holding up while you sleep? Has that been tested recently?

One can have a nice low AHI but still not getting enough oxygen while asleep. I'm an example of that.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 172 7 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.