Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tired and Gaining Weight!
Tired and Gaining Weight!
Started therapy 1 year ago and apart from not waking up with a headache, I don't feel any different. Still wake up exhausted and have to take a daily nap. I have even gained 10lbs! Please help me interpret charts as my doc is next to useless and sees a low ahi and says everything is fine. I do have thyroid issues and am perimenopausal so that could be part of this too, which I am treating but it's an uphill battle.  I am not expecting miracles but I do want to make sure I am doing everything I can with CPAP to help myself.
Thank you for your help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tired and Gaining Weight!
Get your minimum pressure out of the cellar with a minimum 10.0 and we should see some improvement. This is all obstructive and needs higher pressure, especially with the EPR at 3. You're close, yet so far. With a minimum pressure of 10, you will have 10/7 (inhale/exhale) pressure. That matches up with your median pressure a whole lot better than what you're using now, and means the machine starts in-range and adjusts faster to events. There is a lot going on in these charts where we see big spikes above and below the normal flow rate (looks hairy). We will eventually want to look closer at that because it looks like a lot of potential arousal. For now, let's get in the range of 10.0 to 12.0 pressure with EPR 3, than we will look at some other tools including a potential increase in maximum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tired and Gaining Weight!
thank you!! You've told me more in 1 paragraph than my doc has in 12 months. I appreciate it so much. I will try the changes and give an update.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 114 Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 220 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 468 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  tidal volume formula height/weight eok361 5 208 04-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 10 435 04-04-2024, 03:18 AM
Last Post: bushinc
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 286 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 216 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.