Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tired arms
Tired arms
Through the day I have very tired feeling arms, mainly from my elbows down to my wrists. Do others experience this? Is it due to lack of oxygen in the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tired arms
Why do you think you have low oxygen levels at night? Do you wear a recording oximeter during sleep?

As far as your arms feeling tired, I have never experienced that. It sounds like a question for your doctor.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t know why my arms get tired or why I continue to feel tired even though I have been on cpap all night. I have asked doctors before and they seem clueless. Concerned that it might be the signs of something else like MS
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 01:10 PM)geohans Wrote: I don’t know why my arms get tired or why I continue to feel tired even though I have been on cpap all night.

The second question is the important one! And one that members of this forum can actually help you with. Probably if the second is cleared up, the first will be too. Stick around and get help and clear up the second problem.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
This sounds like a neuropathy, like some I've experienced.  But what the heck do I know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Weakness in any limbs is not a side-effect of CPAP therapy that I have ever heard of. I think you should continue CPAP and pursue the peripheral issues with your doctor. What happens if you do exercise or lift things? Do you feel you have lost strength, or is this just a feeling of fatigue and heaviness?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 01:10 PM)geohans Wrote: I don’t know why my arms get tired or why I continue to feel tired even though I have been on cpap all night. I have asked doctors before and they seem clueless. Concerned that it might be the signs of something else like MS

Weakness, tingling, numbness in the arms or joints.. Arthritis can do that.. (check with a good rheumatologist- most primaries are clueless)

'Tired to the bone'.. Lack of sufficient regenerative sleep (took several months PAP for a long-term abused body to readjust and improve)

Not an authority on either, just speaking from experience Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be a simple case of pinched nerve (brachial plexus nerve) if you sleep too long on one side at a time. Try changing your pillow to a different one.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
It's just a feeling of fatigue and weakness. My actual strength is still the same. Rough day today (Monday). Did not get hardly any sleep Saturday night even though I was in bed for close to 8 hours. Today, I am falling asleep at my desk.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know nothing and your descriptions of the problem seem disconnected (why do tired arms cause you to feel fatigued to the point of falling asleep? Are the arms painful?) but I do have personal experience with neuropathy below the elbow and it was from nerves being pinched from too much time spent with the elbow completely bent; as in talking on the phone or in some sleep positions. I trained myself to refrain from contracting my elbow for extended periods during sleep, and wake, and it corrected quickly. I used a soft elbow brace to do the training.
My nerves are compromised from some cervical degeneration and the extra pinch inflicted through the elbow caused the problem.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 228 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 45 7 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 66 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,978 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 181 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 137 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.