Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tired two days after a bad night sleep
Tired two days after a bad night sleep
Is this normal and can anyone explain it? If I have a bad night sleep, meaning I get much less sleep than needed, the next day I am a little tired, but overall I feel OK. I am able to function at my desk job pretty good. But, it will hit me the next day, even if I get a fantastic night sleep that night. So I:
1) Get a bad night sleep
2) Have a decent day the next day.
3) Get a good night sleep (heavy sleep) but get woken up by my stupid alarm clock before I am ready and wake up feeling really tired and groggy.
4) Have a horrible day with brain fog and can't concentrate. I brain is super lazy and doesn't even want to entertain any ideas regarding tasks to be done.

Can anyone explain what is going on here and what I can do to prevent or minimize #4 after having a bad night sleep?

Thanks,
Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tired two days after a bad night sleep
Post some Sleepyhead data. Your pressures seem to be quite low. Maybe you are not sleeping as well as you think you are.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm actually not using the CPAP right now because it it's been causing sinus infection issues which I'm currently working through. I hope to start using the CPAP again in the near future. But this is a phenomenon that happens with or without the CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Install Sleepyhead software and download some old data. Then if you can try the machine again and download and post some of your data. It looks like your pressure is too low to be therapeutic which is why you can't tell the difference between machine and no machine.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 102 1 hour ago
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,425 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 93 Yesterday, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 211 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 223 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.