Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changed Machines. Lots of therapy Questions Now
RE: Changed Machines. Lots of therapy Questions Now
EERS has made a consistent positive change for your therapy and comfort. Very good story. I think I'll add a link to this in the EERS wiki.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should say another interesting part of switching to a new machine is that the resmed machine is allowing me to have a treatment pressure of ~3 cm h2o lower than my dreamstation. That seems to have led to me keeping the mask on longer than I ever have before. (10 is a piece of cake compared to 13). Consider that an endorsement of the machine that I've been able to all but eliminate obstructive apneas. Something i was never able to do on the other machine. Even though it caused a LOT of clear airways that seems to be remidied for the most part now too.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new here and to the data logging CPAP hardware I'm now using. I read the entire thread, and I was stunned to learn about EERS and that it can really be caused by not (re)breathing in a small amount of CO2. I've been learning so much reading the forum, obviously I need to read the entire WIKI! I''ll make it happen soon.

I am curious though....since we can quantify our flow rate and leakage using the CPAP hardware, why can't we totally address this issue by plugging the vent holes one at a time instead of increasing the hose volume? My mask has a wealth of small vent holes, so plugging one or two of them and retesting seems logical to me.

W1ABA
Post Reply Post Reply
Plugging vent holes at the mask simply gives unreliable results in rebreathing volume and is a safety issue. CPAP is designed to generate about 5 to 7 times your respiratory flow to prevent rebreathing expired CO2. By providing a known volume of rebreathing space and moving the vent, we get predictable results and a safe flush of all excess rebreathed air at the vent, maintaining the design flow rate of the machine and mask. I for one won't be recommending an undemonstrated approach to something that can have serious health consequences.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 172 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,362 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.