Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] 1 Month of use, still experiencing fatigue/brain fog
RE: 1 Month of use, still experiencing fatigue/brain fog
So my AHI dropped for 2 nights with the new settings and then went back up to around 2.2 for 2 following nights. I've attached last nights charts, any recommendations from here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
To clarify my last post, my AHI was <1 for 2 days and I had no brain fog either day. Yesterday my AHI popped back up to 2.3 (with no changes to settings) and I needed to take a nap at 11 am to clear some minor brain fog. Last night my AHI was 2.2 (charts linked in my previous post) and I anticipate that the chronic 9 am brain fog will be coming for me today.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only setting change would be to turn EPR off in an attempt to further reduce your Central apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2020, 07:42 AM)bonjour Wrote: The only setting change would be to turn EPR off in an attempt to further reduce your Central apnea.

I can give that a shot, but turning the EPR on is what earned me 2 nights of <1 AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Treating both obstructive and Central apnea on a CPAP is a balancing act. Your numbers are good. The use of EPR =1 vs off is really based on how you feel, not what I see
Post Reply Post Reply
Your CA events range from very good to acceptable at just over 2/hour. I'd rather they not be present, and the best way to take it to the next level without ASV is EERS, enhance expiratory rebreathing space. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS) You probably know the ASV (adaptive servo ventilator) is the positive pressure therapy device for complex and central apnea, but is very expensive, and will be difficult to get based on your relatively good therapy results.

EERS is an unconventional, but proven approach to significantly reduce central apnea, and concurrently may increase both tidal volume and minute vent, which doesn't seem to be an issue for you. In principle it is simple. You move the vent form the mask, up the tube 12 to 18 inches, and that creates space where your expired air is reserved for the next breath. That increases CO2 just enough to stimulate respiration. Read the wiki and follow links to some other members that have tried EERS. If you decide to try it, you only need a Whisper swivel vent, a few sections of 22 mm x 6" Corr-A-Flex tube, and Macks Silicone Putty (ear plugs) to block your nasal pillow vents.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 0 31 2 hours ago
Last Post: alwaystired17
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 153 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,025 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 678 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.