Mask Make & Model: Nuance / Airfit P10
Humidifier: Airsense A10
CPAP Pressure: 9-16, average under 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Seasons here: Wintah, Mud, Road Repair, Wintah

Sex: Female

Titration Lab Results
[attachment=1361][attachment=1362]
Finally got the copy from the lab of the results of my overnight titration.

The 2 pieces that most interest me are these, the summary of events, and the titration chart.

Q1: What does it mean that CPAP 11 is so much higher than any other settings on the titration chart?

Q2: The number 34.3 hypopneas during REM, with the CPAP on -- does that surprise anyone? It seems high to me.

I hope the jpgs are showing up. Not sure if I've attached them correctly.
03-18-2015 07:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

RE: Titration Lab Results
Someone at the lab will be making a recommendation to the doctor for a setting that will be most effective, based on these results.

I am not surprised that you had more events in REM sleep. A lot of people do, it is when you muscles are in a state of semi-paralysis. You were in REM the most at CPAP 10 and 11.

It appears that the lower pressure of 7 you have the highest events per hour - that most closely approximates no pressure, so that would figure.

The oximetry data shows min drops to 82 percent during CPAP 11 and 13 (some in CPAP 10). That seems a little weird, but can be explained by the REM sleep events resulting in these desaturations.

So you are getting REM sleep, and that is good, but apnea during REM sleep is not wonderful. It does seem to suggest a level around 13 will be effective.

I was surprised that all your events were hypopneas.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
03-18-2015 07:39 PM
AirSign Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense A10 for her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Nuance / Airfit P10
Humidifier: Airsense A10
CPAP Pressure: 9-16, average under 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Seasons here: Wintah, Mud, Road Repair, Wintah

Sex: Female

[attachment=1363]

(03-18-2015 07:39 PM)quiescence at last Wrote:  I was surprised that all your events were hypopneas.

QAL

That's with CPAP on, so that means it's working, correct? This image is the events from the "before" part one of the lab work.

It shows the obstructive apneas without the CPAP.
03-18-2015 07:45 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

Yes, both OA and CA without pressure. Interesting that the CA go away with pressure. These may be sleep onset CAs, but note you had OA and CA in REM as well.

xPAP treatment is definitely for you!

Don't be surprised if your data-capable xPAP machine does show the presence of OA and CA on its report, as the machines are not quite as good at characterizing as the sleep technicians are. For one, it does not really know if you are asleep.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 07:54 PM by quiescence at last.)
03-18-2015 07:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results Beej 6 71 Yesterday 11:41 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Sleep latency -study results Dagmar 1 95 12-06-2016 10:04 PM
Last Post: chill
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 325 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Question First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? SJGino 9 412 11-18-2016 11:55 PM
Last Post: SJGino
  Results Intrepretation GrahamSA 5 352 10-26-2016 08:52 AM
Last Post: Beej
  newbie questions re sleep test results Frances 4 339 10-20-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Relative Newby. Need Help w/ Sleepyhead Results Violetskyye 11 624 10-02-2016 10:44 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye