Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Titration Lab Results
Titration Lab Results
[attachment=1361][attachment=1362]
Finally got the copy from the lab of the results of my overnight titration.

The 2 pieces that most interest me are these, the summary of events, and the titration chart.

Q1: What does it mean that CPAP 11 is so much higher than any other settings on the titration chart?

Q2: The number 34.3 hypopneas during REM, with the CPAP on -- does that surprise anyone? It seems high to me.

I hope the jpgs are showing up. Not sure if I've attached them correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Titration Lab Results
Someone at the lab will be making a recommendation to the doctor for a setting that will be most effective, based on these results.

I am not surprised that you had more events in REM sleep. A lot of people do, it is when you muscles are in a state of semi-paralysis. You were in REM the most at CPAP 10 and 11.

It appears that the lower pressure of 7 you have the highest events per hour - that most closely approximates no pressure, so that would figure.

The oximetry data shows min drops to 82 percent during CPAP 11 and 13 (some in CPAP 10). That seems a little weird, but can be explained by the REM sleep events resulting in these desaturations.

So you are getting REM sleep, and that is good, but apnea during REM sleep is not wonderful. It does seem to suggest a level around 13 will be effective.

I was surprised that all your events were hypopneas.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=1363]

(03-18-2015, 07:39 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: I was surprised that all your events were hypopneas.

QAL

That's with CPAP on, so that means it's working, correct? This image is the events from the "before" part one of the lab work.

It shows the obstructive apneas without the CPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, both OA and CA without pressure. Interesting that the CA go away with pressure. These may be sleep onset CAs, but note you had OA and CA in REM as well.

xPAP treatment is definitely for you!

Don't be surprised if your data-capable xPAP machine does show the presence of OA and CA on its report, as the machines are not quite as good at characterizing as the sleep technicians are. For one, it does not really know if you are asleep.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 171 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.