Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Titration study
Titration study
Hi, I have been on APAP for just about 2 months. Prior to getting the equipment and everything, I had a high deductible that needed to be met. So, I didn't get a titration study done a the time.

Since then my deductible has been met by my insurance. I don't have a copay or anything at this time for any medical expenses. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to go have a titration study done now since my deductible has been met? Everything has gone well, just want to know other people's thoughts or ideas. Thanks!

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Titration study
How is your CPAP therapy going? If you are feeling well and your numbers are making you happy, then I would not. If you think your therapy is totally off and no one can help you fix it by looking at your data, or they/you think you need a different machine, then by all means have one done to help get the right equipment for your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nobody here knows your medical situation. An initial titration can not only confirm the earlier sleep study, but also show how well xpap can help your situation. I agree that it is just a snapshot of your sleep, but sometimes that snapshot can show problems. For instance, I believed Restless Leg Syndrome only kept me from sleeping. It didn't bother me at all that first night. During the titration, the tech observed that RLS was waking me up during sleep, changing the diagnosis. I also had an additional health problem that showed that cpap isn't enough to resolve my night breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I barely qualified in the sleep study so they never woke me up and had a titration study done. When I asked later if that might be a problem they said no, since I have an auto sensing machine that self adjusts the titration studies are often not done if they weren't done the first time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.