Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you Ramp?
This poll is closed.
Yes- I prefer the ramp feature
32.50%
13 32.50%
No- I dislike the ramp deature
55.00%
22 55.00%
I could take it or leave it
12.50%
5 12.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

To Ramp or Not To Ramp? Is that the question?
RE: To Ramp or Not To Ramp? Is that the question?
I agree with you, Amie. When I had the FFM (as of November 10th this year), I used the ramp feature and liked it.

Now that I'm using nasal pillows, though, I prefer just to start it right up at 9.

Isn't it a great feeling that the whole mask issue and having to use a CPAP at all isn't a major barrier? Ya' always wonder if it will be before it's actually time to try it.

Sleep-well

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 05:10 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 03:16 AM)Peter_C Wrote: I wonder how many (if any) people with a pressure over 10, and been on the machine over a year, ever use the ramp feature any longer? Seems like most folks stop using the ramp once they get used to their machine.

Well Peter, I'm one. I have the ramp set to 10 minutes, which is just about perfect for me. Five minutes isn't enough, and any longer than 10 would be a waste. I think it's something that everybody needs to determine for themselves.

I think overall you are the odd man out, not that there's anything wrong with that mind you, just seems like you are one of the few still ramping from the others we hear from. But I do agree it is something everyone needs to decide for themselves.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 11:52 PM)Galactus Wrote: I think overall you are the odd man out, ...
Have you been paying attention to poll results ... here is some statistics

Out of 28 votes so far:
15 dislike
13 either like or don't mind

That does not sound like odd man out oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 11:52 PM)Galactus Wrote: I think overall you are the odd man out

I prefer to think of myself as a unique talent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 12:29 AM)zonk Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 11:52 PM)Galactus Wrote: I think overall you are the odd man out, ...
Have you been paying attention to poll results ... here is some statistics

Out of 28 votes so far:
15 dislike
13 either like or don't mind

That does not sound like odd man out oldman

I am paying attention, I'm also paying attention to what people are saying, not just the polls. Further, I disagree with your "interpretation" of the results.

53.57% of the people dislike it and are vocal about it.
17.86% who can take it or leave it could just as easily go the other way as the way you put them. As they can leave it as much as take it. Gray area in poll.
28.57% are all that actually prefer it.

Add to that overall most of the posters are talking against it, only 1 (odd man out, uniquely talented) is saying how much they truly like it and use it.

Not that I really see why you took issue with anything I said. Just seems to me overall in this thread, and quite a few others ramp is often not used or liked.

All my personal opinion, and my observations, feel free to disagree.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 12:44 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 11:52 PM)Galactus Wrote: I think overall you are the odd man out

I prefer to think of myself as a unique talent.

Hahhaha I can go with that. BTW, my apologies if for any reason I may have offended you, it was not my intent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm irked, not offended. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I disagree!

Feel better?
Post Reply Post Reply
POTATOES!!!

*ahem*

lol. I think it my therapy pressure gets increase too much, I may use the ramp feature, but forget starting at 4!!! I would at least start at 7. 7 Is comfortable for me. But then again, I have only tried the nasal mask so I'm not sure what it's like with a full mask or nasal pillows.

I've also heard people say that at 4, sometimes people feel starved for oxygen and perhaps that's why I don't like ramp! We'll have to see when I go back next month to have my pressure adjusted.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 09:13 AM)Amie87 Wrote: POTATOES!!!

*ahem*

lol. I think it my therapy pressure gets increase too much, I may use the ramp feature, but forget starting at 4!!! I would at least start at 7. 7 Is comfortable for me. But then again, I have only tried the nasal mask so I'm not sure what it's like with a full mask or nasal pillows.

I've also heard people say that at 4, sometimes people feel starved for oxygen and perhaps that's why I don't like ramp! We'll have to see when I go back next month to have my pressure adjusted.

I resemble that remark. I can not breathe at 4 or 6, I can almost breathe at 7 or 8. You can likely call them and they can tell you how to adjust your ramp pressure up, or we could tell you if you feel comfortable adjusting it yourself. You can always put it back where it was and make like you were innocent and didn't touch anything as well.

(12-17-2014, 02:35 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I'm irked, not offended. Grin

Woo hoo, perfect then, lol.

(12-17-2014, 06:46 AM)Peter_C Wrote: I disagree!

Feel better?

Not really. Should I?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 399 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 599 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,192 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
  Ramp Time JeffL 4 606 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Machine noise during ramp-up. rfkennard 0 410 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: rfkennard
  Reverse ramp feature? McPhearson99 9 972 01-01-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Does machine kick In if you have apnea during ramp time Scott12579 4 1,056 08-21-2022, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.