To change or not to change. The ongoing battle of the full face masks and the bridge
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

RE: To change or not to change. The ongoing battle of the full face masks and the bridge
(04-25-2013 09:06 PM)muddles Wrote:  Zonk, Thanks for the info. I will give these a go. At this moment it doesn't seem like the simplus is outside NZ/Aus yet so will have to wait.
Not yet but soon: http://www.fphcare.com.au/investor/inves...guidance,/

The F&P Simplus mask will initially be available in New Zealand and Australia from April, followed by Canada and Europe and then the United States on receipt of US FDA clearance

Looks promising, more choice of full face masks ... here some info if anyone is interested
[Image: ?width=620]
http://www.fphcare.com.au/sleep-apnea/ma...p-simplus/
04-25-2013 11:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Kadenz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: AirFit F10
Humidifier: AirSense 10 HumidAir
CPAP Pressure: Auto-CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: To change or not to change. The ongoing battle of the full face masks and the bridge
(04-25-2013 08:03 AM)muddles Wrote:  Hi All,

Never really looked around until now about the CPAP machine and head gear that i have.

I went on the therapy about a year ago now and have felt better for the most part about having it. Like a number of people i have now read about i am having issues with the bridge of my nose as well as cutting or rubbing (depending on strap adjustment) on or around my ears.

I have tried the quatro and i am now on a quatro fx. I get leaks and have tried everything to try and resolve issues including the fact that i shave before bed, made sure the mask is not tight and made sure the cushion is inflated but still end up with leaks mainly in the upper nose region around the bridge unless i tighten it up a fair bit.

So i have been looking around at some sellers and i have gotten a couple of recommendations. Both reasonably new to the market the Philips Amara and the F&P Simplus. I have seen a review for the Amara but not for the Simplus. Does anybody as yet have a Simplus mask or a better alternative than a mask change @min $250 Aus for a new mask it isn't something i take lightly when cash is tight however my long term health and the comfort and seal of the mask do carry a lot of weight after waking up most days with a sore red nose and dry eyes from leaks.

Thanks Heaps for any help

Hi Muddles,

I also use a Quattro FX full face mask. Like you, I used to have a very sore red nose problem, so much so that I thought I was going to have to give up with CPAP.

But fortunately, I followed some advice that I saw on a forum somewhere, which was to wash the mask cushion every day with mild soapy water. (I had previously just been rising it in water.) I soak it in hand hot soapy for 10 minutes or so, then rinse it under the tap briefly, and then soak it in non soapy hand hot water for 10 minutes.

That solved the problem instantly and I have not had the problem ever since. That was about a year ago.

So, if you're not doing it already, it's definitely worth trying - and it's certainly cheaper than buying a new mask. I hope it works for you too.
04-26-2013 04:04 PM
robertbuckley Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resprionics BiPAP Auto SV Advanced
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit F-10 Full Face
Humidifier: Resprionics System One
CPAP Pressure: EEP 15; PS 4 - 10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

I use a Quatro FX, having had to switch from pillows as my pressure levels became higher., I originally ordered the large as that had been the size I always used. Couldn't get it to seal with out making it too tight and rubbing the bridge of my noise raw. I then used the little sizing tool they send with each mask (duh!). It indicated that I was sized in between the large and the medium, but closer to the medium. Bought the medium, and after some trial and error got a really good fit - no leaks, no discomfort, even with pressures as high as 24. Some strap impressions on face that go away after a half hour (I'll deal with it). Also - wash that puppy daily, or at least use mask wipes. Replace cushion monthly.
04-27-2013 08:21 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need full face mask advice Bob32256 12 609 Today 04:37 PM
Last Post: Zippo
  [Pressure] Change Pressure on AirCurve 10 VAuto info 29 4,845 Today 12:05 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks gjw 24 2,705 12-04-2016 12:19 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 19,992 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
  Face drying out Ibiban 1 210 11-24-2016 05:10 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Bernerbits' ongoing CPAP/meds/insomnia saga bernerbits 63 2,532 11-23-2016 10:45 AM
Last Post: richb
Question Change Humidity Level Seasonally txpap 9 513 11-21-2016 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster