Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Today I got stuck upgrading Adobe Reader to the DC version
I had to upgrade to Acrobat reader DC. Which has all this cloud stuff.
Some of the PDFs I handle have very sensitive information -- I don't want them in the cloud.

So, after some research, I made these registry hacks for Win 7 64 bit:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cServices]
"bToggleWebConnectors"=dword:00000001
"bToggleAdobeDocumentServices"=dword:00000001
"bUpdater"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cSharePoint]
"bDisableSharePointFeatures"=dword:00000001

Anyone know if I've plugged Adobe from pushing to the cloud?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't help with all that fancy registry stuff, but do you really need to use the Adobe product? Personally I avoid it like the plague - here's some confirmation bias material. http://www.infoworld.com/article/3157420...yware.html
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have to use it. Many state forms that I am required to fill out are PDFs.
Personally, I hate Adobe products. Their Flash Player is unnecessary bloatware.
It has to be patched due to security vulnerabilities.

They should have stuck with a stand alone PDF reader.

BTW -- I do not use Chrome because it's Google.
Post Reply Post Reply

There are inexpensive PDF editors that can do forms and many of the functions of Acrobat Pro. Also, I don't think that using Adobe cloud products means you work on the cloud or save documents there. That is an option, but you can retain the work on your computer. I have friends that are professional photographer using Creative suite, and they retain all their work and the program on their computers. The cloud acts more as a licensing verification. It's actually a hell of a deal at $11/month for the whole CC studio.
Post Reply Post Reply
Brother, you have my sympathy. I gave up Adobe once I found Foxit PhantomPDF. You can get a good taste of it with the free Foxit Reader.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new version of 'excitement' GrammaBear 11 1,131 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone having trouble with ATT email on their iPhone today? justMongo 1 181 07-13-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  We have rain today justMongo 16 1,126 02-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  I hit the doughnut hole today justMongo 23 2,197 08-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Today is the day! retired_guy 21 2,007 05-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  New Adobe reader -- misses the mark justMongo 6 1,812 04-17-2015, 12:15 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Which version of M$ Word? PaulaO2 18 2,693 12-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper