Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Today is my One Year Anniversary on Apneaboard Forum
Today is my One Year Anniversary on Apneaboard Forum
CPAP therapy has been life changing for me. It is non-invasive, requires no drugs, and has had the single highest impact on my quality of life and daily effectiveness of any non-acute/non-emergency medical treatment I can remember.

On my last birthday I was able to say I felt healthier, less tired, and had more energy than I did on the birthday before it. That's a big deal.

My sleep doc provided the diagnosis and initial prescription. I get to see him every six months or so as needed for medical advice.

You all on apneaboard forum have advised me on how to pick out the right machine, how to talk to the DME, how to read and interpret the data, when (and how) to make changes, and how to identify and deal with all the common quirks associated with choosing and using the equipment effectively and comfortably. I can reach out to you all anytime 24/7 for practical help and non-medical advice.

I won't rehash my CPAP journey here. If you are interested here are some breadcrumbs on the path I followed ...

When did you start feeling the benefits?]
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid112453

Your Personal Success Story - Six months into CPAP Therapy
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid134031

Very grateful to be part of this awesome community of fellow hoseheads who are all taking charge of our own therapy and sharing what we learn with others around the world to help each other in the pursuit of more healthy and restful sleep.

If you are a visitor just learning about this condition we have in common, you landed in a good place.

With sincere appreciation to SuperSleeper and everyone else here on apneaboard forum for all your support and advice,

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Today is my One Year Anniversary on Apneaboard Forum
Happy Anniversary!

Well done . . . You made it through a year in spite of us.

Congrats

Here's to another successful year.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a little tradition. On their one year anniversary, a member buys a cake for everyone.

On the serious side: Thanks for sticking around and being a member.
I'm sure SuperSleeper will appreciate the nod. He's the most overworked person I know.
(It takes a lot behind the scenes to keep the site going -- and most of it falls on his shoulders.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbs-up-2

Glad you are here!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SaldusMiegas,
It’s great to hear that you are doing so well with CPAP and that it has helped you so much.
Happy Anniversary and keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 12:38 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: CPAP therapy has been life changing for me. It is non-invasive, requires no drugs, and has had the single highest impact on my quality of life and daily effectiveness of any non-acute/non-emergency medical treatment I can remember.

On my last birthday I was able to say I felt healthier, less tired, and had more energy than I did on the birthday before it. That's a big deal.

With sincere appreciation to SuperSleeper and everyone else here on apneaboard forum for all your support and advice,

Saldus Miegas

Congratulations! Wishing you a very Happy CPAP Birthday and Many Happy Returns (i.e. years more successful treatment).

And I echo your comments about SuperSleeper and everyone else on the Board - I couldn't have got to where I am now (very effective treatment) without their help.

..............................................................................................
My current pressures: ASV-Auto. EPAP 12-14. PS 3-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Dancing Alles Gute zum Jubiläum, Dancing

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy CPAP Anniversary. It is always a good thing when you have a restful nights sleep. Glad you are here. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 01:51 PM)justMongo Wrote: I'm sure SuperSleeper will appreciate the nod. He's the most overworked person I know.

Who?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats, Saldus.

I really don't do much here, it's really the Moderators, Monitors, Advisory Members and others who do all the heavy lifting answering questions and such... with their vast experience and knowledge, they left me in the dust a long time ago. I hardly ever answer Sleep Apnea or CPAP questions any more - because I feel like a grade-school kid in a room full of Mensa members. I just do the technical stuff to keep the doors open. Well, that... plus I do consume 42% of the world supply of Columbian coffee, which helps the economy I suppose.

lots-o-coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,633 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,482 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 820 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 307 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 687 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.