Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Today's Trivia Quiz
Yep, EMP tolerance... that's my guess too.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
We have 3 winners. DocWils, SS, and Surferdude.
I knew a HAM would recognize the wideband dipole.
That's the pulse generator suspended in the middle.

During design and build, parts and subsystems are tested; this pad permits testing of the entire system after integration.
And, yes, EMP specifically as a nuclear event threat (or other exotic weapons we'll not discuss.)

atta-boy!
Post Reply Post Reply
The ultimate test is to take it out to the Trestle at Kirtland. The concrete pad has too much metal (rebar, tie-downs) in it to give a truly accurate result, however, it is good enough for routine testing. Many years ago I was on the crew that took one of our EC-130s out there for testing, including in the chamber. The chamber was a real experience.

BTW, the Trestle is in the Guinness Book as the largest post and beam structure ever built. There isn't a single piece of metal anywhere in it.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

(11-11-2014, 12:53 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: The ultimate test is to take it out to the Trestle at Kirtland. The concrete pad has too much metal (rebar, tie-downs) in it to give a truly accurate result, however, it is good enough for routine testing. Many years ago I was on the crew that took one of our EC-130s out there for testing, including in the chamber. The chamber was a real experience.

BTW, the Trestle is in the Guinness Book as the largest post and beam structure ever built. There isn't a single piece of metal anywhere in it.

Homer

The Trestle is shutdown. The wood is unsafe.
That's why an Air Force B2 was tested at the Naval Air Warfare Center, PAX River.

I enjoyed the times I have been to Kirtland/Sandia.

Next week, we'll do the P2V Neptune!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I see five antennas. The one the background looks to be an U-Adcock DF antenna the next one looks to be a dipole of some sort and one if the fore ground looks to be some sort of broad band HF antenna. Now for the one on the trailer roof. I dont know? But there is also a UHF dish in the background.
Been a while since I have seen a U-Adcock antenna.
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2014, 01:02 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 12:53 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: The ultimate test is to take it out to the Trestle at Kirtland. The concrete pad has too much metal (rebar, tie-downs) in it to give a truly accurate result, however, it is good enough for routine testing. Many years ago I was on the crew that took one of our EC-130s out there for testing, including in the chamber. The chamber was a real experience.

Homer

The Trestle is shutdown. The wood is unsafe.
That's why an Air Force B2 was tested at the Naval Air Warfare Center, PAX River.

I enjoyed the times I have been to Kirtland/Sandia.

Next week, we'll do the P2V Neptune!!!

Termites probably got to it as well as some of the wood rot. Hate to see it go. It is definitely a unique structure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone having trouble with ATT email on their iPhone today? justMongo 1 254 07-13-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Today I got stuck upgrading Adobe Reader to the DC version justMongo 4 517 02-23-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Blue Shift
  We have rain today justMongo 16 1,144 02-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  I hit the doughnut hole today justMongo 23 2,214 08-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Today is the day! retired_guy 21 2,022 05-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Stock up today! retired_guy 10 2,075 09-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Here's what we did today. retired_guy 16 3,071 06-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Sandybird