Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Today's the Day!
Today's the Day!
Alrighty then!

As I was squaring away the CSPS (CPAP Standby Power Supply) I decided that today would be the day for the somewhat quarterly CPAP cleaning. Into the dishwasher went the water chamber and I washed the hose and mask parts in weak Dawn dishwater. Headgear went into the washing machine with a load of socks (eso si que es - now that's Spanish). Foam filter rinsed out and inner filter replaced.

I pulled the nightstand out, vacuumed and dusted well, put it back and set up the CSPS full time. I made a short PowerPole cord to run from battery to the SuperPowergate which allows me to set the 12 V 35 AH AGM battery to the side of the nightstand, with a trash basket hiding it from the front. I put a terminal protector over the positive terminal to prevent anything from falling across it and the negative terminal, which I understand may let all the operational sparks and smoke out of the battery (I'm told that smoke and sparks are hard to get back in).

Plugged in the Astron 12 V power supply (adjusted to 14.5 V per SuperPowergate instruction to charge AGM battery), plugged in the battery, plugged in the power cord to the Respironics 560 .... I feel kind of like Frederick Frankenstein (if only I could have a 29 year old Terri Garr to roll in the hay with or get to sing Puttin' on the Ritz with Peter Boyle!)

Well, now all that's done. I think I will go launder sheets and then be ready to go to bed tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Today's the Day!
Well-done

Post Reply Post Reply
Well Done! Reminds me it is time to give ours a good cleaning; we wash things by hand regularly, but but a run in the dishwasher would be a good idea for the tanks.

For myself, I prefer to use an organic baby shampoo for the hoses and nose pillows and headgear.

(10-25-2015, 06:13 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Alrighty then!

As I was squaring away the CSPS (CPAP Standby Power Supply) I decided that today would be the day for the somewhat quarterly CPAP cleaning. Into the dishwasher went the water chamber and I washed the hose and mask parts in weak Dawn dishwater. Headgear went into the washing machine with a load of socks (eso si que es - now that's Spanish). Foam filter rinsed out and inner filter replaced.

I pulled the nightstand out, vacuumed and dusted well, put it back and set up the CSPS full time. I made a short PowerPole cord to run from battery to the SuperPowergate which allows me to set the 12 V 35 AH AGM battery to the side of the nightstand, with a trash basket hiding it from the front. I put a terminal protector over the positive terminal to prevent anything from falling across it and the negative terminal, which I understand may let all the operational sparks and smoke out of the battery (I'm told that smoke and sparks are hard to get back in).

Plugged in the Astron 12 V power supply (adjusted to 14.5 V per SuperPowergate instruction to charge AGM battery), plugged in the battery, plugged in the power cord to the Respironics 560 .... I feel kind of like Frederick Frankenstein (if only I could have a 29 year old Terri Garr to roll in the hay with or get to sing Puttin' on the Ritz with Peter Boyle!)

Well, now all that's done. I think I will go launder sheets and then be ready to go to bed tonight.

Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing like the feel of crisp clean sheets! (and a fresh smelling CPAP machine).

Smile Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, do you want to come and clean mine?

Although we did clean the dust bunnies out from under the bed after one of the attacked the cats, and clean sheets, and laundry.

I need to replace the plastic quick connect fitting on the mask end of my hose as I popped the mask off the hose twice last night. Easy fix. I think I have a handful as I never swap that part out when I get the new mask every quarter.

Landscaper came today to do stage one in getting rid of our weed crop. While come next week the finish. HOA don't like seeing the weeds between the rocks in the front yard, but don't care about the back unless they get higher than the wall. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2015, 04:19 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: Well Done! Reminds me it is time to give ours a good cleaning; we wash things by hand regularly, but but a run in the dishwasher would be a good idea for the tanks.

For myself, I prefer to use an organic baby shampoo for the hoses and nose pillows and headgear.

Haven't heard from you in a while Evpraxia. Welcome back.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2015, 01:41 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(10-26-2015, 04:19 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: Well Done! Reminds me it is time to give ours a good cleaning; we wash things by hand regularly, but but a run in the dishwasher would be a good idea for the tanks.

Haven't heard from you in a while Evpraxia. Welcome back.

Thanks! Been busy and lost track of a lot of things.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 816 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,174 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 964 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee
  Got a Luna cpap today and don’t know why ? Makai1959 10 4,107 12-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Just got a new machine today, Airsense 11 ! jellojeep 2 953 10-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: jellojeep
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 978 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Unsure How to Deal with DME Today hyphicti 9 927 04-28-2021, 02:02 PM
Last Post: greatunclebill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.