Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Todays the big day [First night with Cpap]
Todays the big day [First night with Cpap]
Someone is supposed to bring me my cpap today. Having a stranger enter my house makes me nervous. My bowels are churning just thinking about it. I spent all day yesterday cleaning, as if I have to impress this person somehow. 

I'm afraid of them going home and telling their family "This one house I went to, the floors were dirty and there were dirty dishes in the sink. 

It's really disgraceful how I live and I'm trying to appear as a normal person.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Todays the big day
Good lick let us know what machine you get and what it’s settings are. Take a look at our wiki for tips on machines etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing?  Unsure

Hope all goes well for you. When I got my CPAP machine, my wife and I went to the medical supplier. The resp. therapist sat down with us and went over the machine and how it functioned. He showed me how to make changes / adjustments and answered all my questions. 

That was on Sept. 10th of this year. I'm up to my 50th night of use.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's here. It says 0 hours. That's good, right.

Thoughts. ?

1. Couldn't find out how to brighten the screen. Took a picture of it with flash and now the thing is brighter than the sun. 

Edit: Just checked and this $800+ machine indeed does not let you adjust the brightness.

The LED behind the home button is extremely bright when the screen brightens.

2. I was told to only use distilled water because the metal heating plate will rust. An $800+ machine and they couldn't have used stainless steel or something??? Not complaining. Just don't get it. 

3. I got the sam stupid mask they gave me for the titration (that I couldn't sleep at all with). This time it is LARGE instead of medium. Hopefully it won't pinch my nose and make it hard to breathe like last time. I feel like I would really like a memory foam one. One that doesn't put pressure around my nose.

4. The textured face plate feels like sandpaper. Not a big deal, but I feel like I should get a job designing cpaps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The heating plate won't rust from tap water. The only thing that might happen is a buildup of minerals in the water tub. A little vinegar will dissolve that.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
What model do you see below the control knob, CPAP, Elite or Autoset? You can get any mask you want, but you have to make your wishes known. There is a mask primer wiki in the links in my signature that might help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks as if you have the same machine that I have. It's a very good one from what I know. Make sure that you use only distilled water in it. 

The display screen self adjusts for brightness depending on the time of day and light in the room. I have a full mask (F20) and I'm getting used to it. I keep mine rather tight for a better seal. The silicone seal (pillow?) doesn't seem to bother me at all. 

They already sent me a new one, but I'm not ready to use it as of yet. The one that came my machine is holding up well. 

I new to all of this, and am still learning with the help of this fine forum. Each & every day that goes by, I get more educated. 

I clean my mask and water reservoir every day. The hose gets cleaned once a week. I use anti-bacterial wipes on my mask.

Hope all goes well for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a light sensor that controls the screen brightness so it’s not blinding at night there is no way to adjust the intensity it’s all automatic.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2018, 02:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What model do you see below the control knob, CPAP, Elite or Autoset?  You can get any mask you want, but you have to make your wishes known.  There is a mask primer wiki in the links in my signature that might help.

Autoset
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2018, 02:46 PM)Big Guy Wrote: It looks as if you have the same machine that I have. It's a very good one from what I know. Make sure that you use only distilled water in it. 

The display screen self adjusts for brightness depending on the time of day and light in the room. I have a full mask (F20) and I'm getting used to it. I keep mine rather tight for a better seal. The silicone seal (pillow?) doesn't seem to bother me at all. 

They already sent me a new one, but I'm not ready to use it as of yet. The one that came my machine is holding up well. 

I new to all of this, and am still learning with the help of this fine forum. Each & every day that goes by, I get more educated. 

I clean my mask and water reservoir every day. The hose gets cleaned once a week. I use anti-bacterial wipes on my mask.

Hope all goes well for you!

The silicone seal doesn't bother me at all. But I have trouble breathing through me nose with these masks. 

Notes:

-Medium mask from titration was brutal. 
-Large much better but still a problem. 
-Using machine now. 
-Feeling better now. Not at all where I want to be. 
-I breathe better when I don't think about it. Hard to do. Typing this post is a good distraction. 
-Often trouble with nose breathing without mask all my life. 
-Feeling even better now. 
-Still hard to exhale a deep breath through nose.
-I'm about to try a nasal spray. Want to try without first.
-I've never used a nasal spray in my life
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,126 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 872 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 400 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 349 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 431 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 632 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  [Treatment] Low AHI/RDI with CPAP but still jolting awake every night boogiemoogie 0 485 08-09-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: boogiemoogie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.