Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tolerate BiPap still wake up a lot and fatigued
Tolerate BiPap still wake up a lot and fatigued
Hello all first post!
I have 30+ahi on back, 5+ on side. Got a Bipap and can tolerate it through the night. My AHI levels according to machine around 5. Problem: Even though I wear bipap all night I still wake up many times but go right back to bed. And I am still very fatigued throughout the day. Any suggestions? Greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tolerate BiPap still wake up a lot and fatigued
(01-22-2016, 09:09 PM)adam12 Wrote: Hello all first post!
I have 30+ahi on back, 5+ on side. Got a Bipap and can tolerate it through the night. My AHI levels according to machine around 5. Problem: Even though I wear bipap all night I still wake up many times but go right back to bed. And I am still very fatigued throughout the day. Any suggestions? Greatly appreciated.

Hi adam12,
You didn't say how long you've been on bipap therapy. You could be waking up for several different reasons, like pressure increases, or mask leaks.

Also, your pressure range and pressure support may not be set optimal for you.
You should try to get your AHI number <5.

Be sure to download the Sleepyhead software.
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

There are many here that use bipap and can advise you on pressure settings.

Welcome to Apnea Board!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Opal. I've been on it for a month. I had the titration done and the setting is 11. Do I download Sleepyhead onto my computer? Will it 'talk' to my BiPap? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 10:40 PM)adam12 Wrote: Thanks for the reply Opal. I've been on it for a month. I had the titration done and the setting is 11. Do I download Sleepyhead onto my computer? Will it 'talk' to my BiPap? Thanks.

Follow the directions in the link above. Once you have Sleepyhead on your computer, you should be able to take the SD card from your bipap and insert in computer and import the data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 10:40 PM)adam12 Wrote: Thanks for the reply Opal. I've been on it for a month. I had the titration done and the setting is 11. Do I download Sleepyhead onto my computer? Will it 'talk' to my BiPap? Thanks.

Often it takes more than a month before you start feeling better. It takes some of us longer than others to adapt to sleeping with CPAP. Soon, though, you'll get used to it. Do you at least feel better on some days?

When you look at your AHI on SleepyHead look and see if you have more OA's and hypopneas than CA's. This information will help to see if perhaps a pressure adjustment is advisable.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi adam12,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sometimes it takes a while before you notice improvements but stick with it, it does get better over time.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
With Sleepyhead, you will be able to see beyond AHI and also see RERA. These are the most likely sleep disruptions that you may be experiencing, and need to optimize your therapy to reduce. You have a very capable machine, but it is not an auto bilevel, so you're going to have to look at the data, come to understand it, and perhaps make small changes to reduce any problems.

Your machine has a SD card in the back of the blower, that Sleepyhead will easily import. There are some very good Wiki articles on this site on interpreting that data, or you can post graph images. Here is a tutorial on posting images. This site will support either attachments or linked images. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2016, 10:12 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This site will support either attachments or linked images.

New members are limited to attachments not larger than 200kB, and can link to images starting when the new member is making his/her 8th post, I think.

Membership levels explained:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...5#pid15125
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 493 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 315 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,153 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 273 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Low AHI - Why do I wake up? jkjsdflljkasdf9 3 406 02-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.