Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tongue retaining device with cpap question
Tongue retaining device with cpap question
Hey. I recently got a generic tongue stabilizing device to see if that would help with my osa/sdb as it so likely caused by the tongue according to the ent who examined me. It only cost 15$ so no problem if it doesn’t help. I was wondering if I should use ffm or nasal pillows with it. Nasal pillows seem like the obvious choice but I have aerophagia with them. The hope is that the tsd will allow me to use lower pressures to have similar results with AHI. The problem is that it doesn’t completely seal off the mouth and that there could be air leaks out of the mouth. With ffm the tsd fits under it completely but could it cause some problems with blocking the hose? Thanks for any advice. I know this is an unusual situation that few have tried before. I would try tsd alone but that wouldn’t competely treat my apnea and I would have no way of telling if it is being treated numerically.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tongue retaining device with cpap question
Apparently, nobody was interested in this avenue, although it is straightforward—some reports on the internet some tongue strain or abrasion. 
I will receive the nasal mask next week and will try it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clenching teeth, biting tongue JenniferJuniper 13 253 04-15-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
Thumbsdown Tongue Holder / Retainer with CPAP does not meet expectations. G. Szabo 8 253 04-12-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,064 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 538 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,211 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 392 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 319 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.