Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay?
Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay?
VAuto mode
min EPAP: 6
PS: 4

After 5 years of worthless nasal/sinus procedures, I'm finally trying to treat my "mild" sleep apnea (AHI of 5 and RDI of 10) with PAP therapy. Is there anything else I should tweak for now or can the rest be left to defaults/automatic? I just made sure my F30 mask was fitting well and I think I got a good seal eventually. The pressure felt strange but it's my first time so I expected no less.

I think I'm ready for tonight? Sure hope so! I've been putting this off for way too long.

Edit: Oh, and I have no idea how to use Oscar but I did get an SD card for my VAuto. Hopefully it will be easy to figure out tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tonight's the first night with VAuto, should these settings be okay?
Welcome to AB

Make sure you put the SD card into your VAuto before you use it tonight. The machine writes the detailed data to the machine in 'real' time. It does not save it until you put the card in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the warm welcome. I just put in the SD so I won't forget later Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
There are additional settings on the Vauto that can help. For example, you don't mention maximum pressure, or any of the Ti min/max or trigger cycle sensitivity. We usually leave those at default unless there is something we need to target. You will get used to OSCAR, and the links in my signature will help you organize charts and post the images as attachments.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay. Thanks, Sleeprider. I saw some of those settings mentioned in other threads but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew if it's not needed just yet.

I think my main concern right now is getting used to the pressure so I can fall asleep with it tonight. It felt comfortable enough when I was fitting it and briefly testing the settings. But if I struggle to get to sleep with a min EPAP of 6, is that the value I should tweak first? My understanding is if you're starving for air you may need a higher minimum EPAP; if it's too much air, turn it down. Is that somewhat correct?

Sorry, I'm a noob but very eager to learn. Getting data from my first night should be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't worry about it. I just wanted to be sure you had adequate maximum IPAP pressure. Once you post the first chart, you will nail it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 726 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.