Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Too Late for CPAP?
RE: Too Late for CPAP?
Sorry for your troubles. Looks like you have chosen a more peaceful route. Thank you for getting in touch with us. You have stimulated a lot of good thinking.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Oldcoot, yours was one of the more compelling and interesting stories I have heard, and you share in common the health problems that took my dad from us. He was deeply religious, and never feared his fate. He was also a physician and knew what was coming. His passing was peaceful as his breathing and heart waxed and waned in the final weeks. I'm sorry your news is not better, but glad you are at peace with your life and will live the remainder as fully as possible. Thanks for sharing your experience, and I hope you will stay close as you are able.

Tom
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oldcoot, you have touched my heart today. Your posts and sharing with us has been invaluable.
I respect your decision as I would do the same when the time comes.
Much thoughts and prayers.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Old82. It would be helpful if you would post a screenshot of your Apneas. I know you are using Rescan Software. If you can get a screen shot of events it would help us get an idea as to the severity of your problem. In particular if you are experiencing Periodic Breathing that your machine is not scoring.

Rich

Rich
[/quote]

Rich
Thank you for your suggestions. Here's the reality about screen shots and getting them to this forum....which I would love to do.

I have printed out the "working with attachments" instructions on the Apnea Board and after going over it again and again I am not versed enough in computer know- how to sucessfully follow the instructions. I can do a screen shot but am lost after that.
Also...each individual nightly detail graph...min ventilation, flow limitation, snore index, pressure, leak, AHI, events etc. takes up more than half my screen and would need numerous screen shots to send, even if I knew how.
I do know how to take close up photos with my Ipad of my computer screen showing the ResMed detail graphs and send them to someone as attachments in an email if that could be done through this forum. I could chose a night when I had a CSR and include all the numbers for that night. Is that something someone is willing to accept? Thanks for listening.

old82

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2016, 11:04 AM)old82 Wrote: Hi Old82. It would be helpful if you would post a screenshot of your Apneas. I know you are using Rescan Software. If you can get a screen shot of events it would help us get an idea as to the severity of your problem. In particular if you are experiencing Periodic Breathing that your machine is not scoring.

Rich

Rich

Rich
Thank you for your suggestions. Here's the reality about screen shots and getting them to this forum....which I would love to do.

I have printed out the "working with attachments" instructions on the Apnea Board and after going over it again and again I am not versed enough in computer know- how to sucessfully follow the instructions. I can do a screen shot but am lost after that.
Also...each individual nightly detail graph...min ventilation, flow limitation, snore index, pressure, leak, AHI, events etc. takes up more than half my screen and would need numerous screen shots to send, even if I knew how.
I do know how to take close up photos with my Ipad of my computer screen showing the ResMed detail graphs and send them to someone as attachments in an email if that could be done through this forum. I could chose a night when I had a CSR and include all the numbers for that night. Is that something someone is willing to accept? Thanks for listening.

old82
[/quote]

Practice with Sleepyhead first. Use your mouse cursor to highlight about a 10 minute section of the topmost graph. That is the one showing the event flags. To be specific: Position your mouse cursor to the left of the section in which you are interested. Press down and hold the left mouse button and drag the cursor across the 10 minute section. Then let go of the left button. What you will see is the detail of that section in the graphs below. You will see the waveform of the individual breaths as flow rate during the 10 minute period. You will also see mask pressure and other details of interest. Do this to several different events that show up during the night. You will get a feel for what your events look like in detail. Once you find some interesting waveforms, you can post them as screen shots of the entire Sleepyhead page. You can then ask questions or just invite input from other members. Start slowly and have some fun with it.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Old Coot

Prayers for peace and comfort and giving thanks that you know where you are going after all this. I believe it will seem trivial from the otherside Smile but for this time, may you feel the love and peace of God more than the discomfort of sickness.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
DariaVader said exactly what I feel as I type this with tears in my eyes. Bless you for sharing with us--you may have helped others more than you know. I have researched Cheyne Stokes Respiration but learned so much more tonight. May God hold you and your family in his arms.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to have some equipment to pass on. Is their a way to do that with this forum ?Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2016, 03:54 AM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: I am going to have some equipment to pass on. Is their a way to do that with this forum ?Sleep-well

Hi kwhenrykerr, you may want to review the rules when you signed up.

3. No member may use their forum account to solicit or facilitate the sale, trade, or transfer of any prescription-required items (such as CPAP machines, humidifiers, masks or mask parts).* Soliciting or facilitating the sale, trade, or transfer of commercially-sold or pirated computer software packages or digital media is also prohibited.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose Thank You

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 909 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,412 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  [Treatment] May be Too Late for Me Too Tubaman 301 39,811 05-30-2021, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Can anyone access this latest article regarding UARS by the late Prof. Guilleminault? ChinaMan 7 1,420 10-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 7,584 08-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Too Late? GTOdude 47 10,104 07-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.