Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Too many 0.0 nights ????
Too many 0.0 nights ????
After three nights with a ahi of 0.0 I was getting a bit worried that my AS10 auto was not recording
the events. So when I got up this morning for a wee break, just before 0400, I checked my machine.

There it was with 0.0 on the screen. Although I have had the odd 0.0 I never had any 2 days in a row. Let alone 4 days. Well I decided to hold my breath and see if the AS10 would register them.
It did and also pick up some OAs later on.

Still not sure what to make of all this. After 4 years on apap with an ahi always below 5 and most times below 1 I'm not going to dwell on this too much. I just found it interesting as I've had a very stuffed up nose. Plus I went to lunch with the boys on Friday so had a big drink and still had a0.0
that night.

[Image: YoudEy7h.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Too many 0.0 nights ????
Another thing that you might try if you are getting a number of AHI=0 in a row for 3 or more days is to unplug your CPAP from the wall for about 30 minutes and then plug it back in. It seems that Bill Gates may have had something to do with the firmware on the S9s so they needed to be rebooted every now and then. Maybe the A10s suffer from the same genetics.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2016, 06:58 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Another thing that you might try if you are getting a number of AHI=0 in a row for 3 or more days is to unplug your CPAP from the wall for about 30 minutes and then plug it back in. It seems that Bill Gates may have had something to do with the firmware on the S9s so they needed to be rebooted every now and then. Maybe the A10s suffer from the same genetics.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I did switch it off at the wall ( Australia has switches on the power points) before last night.
I didn't see a factory reset in the clinical guide but if there is one I may have to try that .
Post Reply Post Reply
On the theory it might be a bad sensor or other electrical issue, can you take it over to your DME for a quick check at no charge? Or, since you are down under, why not call ResMed themselves and ask for a qualified repair station or some advice? Best of Luck -- and I hope you are legitimately logging zeroes -- I wish I was that controlled.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had a similar experience and it is great to know I was breathing proper, it was short lived and my readings are usually <1.
I really like the A10 algorithms they use to make me breath more normal while sleeping.
I like a fairly constant low pressure with a epr of 3 for easy breathing.( it works for me)Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Well the last 5 nights my AHI has been between 0.5 to 0.3 which is normal for me. I think I'll believe the machine was right and I had a run of 0.0s .
Not a lot of difference between 0.0 and 0.5 anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2016, 07:59 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: Well the last 5 nights my AHI has been between 0.5 to 0.3 which is normal for me. I think I'll believe the machine was right and I had a run of 0.0s .

Hi dwd1249, that is so strange, the same thing happened with my autoset10 for the first 2 nights. 0.0 I thought the machine was faulty, then after the third night I was back to normal, 0.7 to 1.7 every night since. Must be something to do with the autoset machines sold downunder lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, dwd1249. Congratulations on your good results.

I had the same doubts when I first started getting strings of 0.00 nights. When they continued after I started resetting the machine after each 0.00 night I started trusting my machine.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2016, 01:19 AM)chuck6161 Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 07:59 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: Well the last 5 nights my AHI has been between 0.5 to 0.3 which is normal for me. I think I'll believe the machine was right and I had a run of 0.0s .

Hi dwd1249, that is so strange, the same thing happened with my autoset10 for the first 2 nights. 0.0 I thought the machine was faulty, then after the third night I was back to normal, 0.7 to 1.7 every night since. Must be something to do with the autoset machines sold downunder lol

I got my A10 from the USA. It's a Singapore built one.
Had a 0.0 last night but woke up early feeling like I was fighting to exhale with my p10 pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you get that magic run where you're feeling great and running 0.0's, enjoy it. I have a set-up I can use that gets me pretty much 0 leaks and 0.0's very consistently (which is great for my UARS....my sleep disruptions are ~10x what my AHI numbers are)...the only hiccup is that the mask that does wonders for my treatment restricts which positions I can sleep in :/ Oh well Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 451 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 581 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 450 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 372 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.