Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Too many clear airway events, need help
RE: Too many clear airway events, need help
Very impressive results as the pressure and pressure support drop to low values.  I think it should be obvious that we're looking at predominately central apnea, but you achieved good efficacy at low fixed pressure.  Let's talk about the pros an cons of this.  

Pros:
  1. You are having very a low apnea event rate.  
  2. CPAP is cheap and easy to get.  
  3. Your doctor and equipment supplier will be delighted the solved your obstructive apnea.
Cons:
  1. By demonstrating efficacy with CPAP, advanced bilevel PAP (ASV) will not be approved.
  2. CPAP therapy may not consistently achieve good results.  Central apnea tends to be consistently inconsistent, and what works today may not work tomorrow.
  3. Your doctor and equipment supplier will be so delighted at their success they will not consider the bigger problem.
Are you comfortable? !!!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't believe there is only one clear airway event last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay! I think you're on a roll!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One big question. Are you comfortable with these settings?

Central Apnea is typically very inconsistent meaning that you could get large spikes in your CA numbers. Only time will tell.

Honestly I did not expect this degree of success (so far). This is the range of treatment where we place a priority on comfort.

Your settings are unusual. A VAuto strength is to utilize it's capability for Pressure Support for both patient comfort and efficacy. We are at absolute minimum on. Both.

Please keep us informed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn’t feel any discomforts when I was sleeping, but I do feel that I didn’t breathe that well during the daytime like before.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2019, 06:52 AM)heartrick Wrote: I didn’t feel any discomforts when I was sleeping, but I do feel that I didn’t breathe that well during the daytime like before.

Your machine won’t do anything for the daytime if you feel you have breathing issues during the day you need to raise it with a pneumologist
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 331 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 263 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 118 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 174 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 233 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.