Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st Re-Supply Shipment & Bewildered
Question 
1st Re-Supply Shipment & Bewildered
I (finally) got my 1st re-supply shipment from my DME.  And I'm confused on some of the things.  My DME is closed, so I thought I'd ask about it here.  Plus, I'm curious if this is just the norm of how it works when you get supplies from the DME.

Filters... I was to be sent 1 pollen filter and 6 disposible filters.  Here are pics of what I received.  I placed the ones from my DreamStation on top of their respective piles, so you can see how the ones sent to me are completely different from what I have and am using.

[Image: CQl4KpWl.jpg]
It's a large black foam. I have no clue what I'd even do with it.  And the pkg says it's for RemStar Pro M-Series... which I have no clue what that is, but I assume it's not my DreamStation. You can see my blue pollen filter that is currently in my DreamStation.

[Image: lUvMgzll.jpg]
In each package are 2 thin rectangle gauze things... they look like miniature house insulation. You can see my light aqua micro-filter (that is gray because it needs to be replaced) that I currently am using in my DreamStation. I have no clue how to even try to use these gauze onesin place of my aqua one.  And this pkg says it's for PR System One... which is not a DreamStation, right?

Originally I'd gotten a FFM from them, but for this re-supply I asked for P10. They asked my pillow size, and I said Large.  They said they would send 4 pillows, a mask, and headgear.  This is what I received:
[Image: M1Chal4l.jpg]
A "For Her" version... with pillow sizes I can't use.  It says the frame is size small.  Is my DME assuming I have a small head?  Can I use this with the large pillows?  They sent the # of pillows they said they would. 

I'm confused.  Are any of these things compatible?  Or are these wrong supplies?

I am glad to finally have insurance paying for my re-supply.  Up until now I've been buying my own from Amazon.  But at least on Amazon, I'm getting exact replacements for what my DreamStation came with (ie: the aqua filters), and the P10 I got from Amazon was not For Her, and has worked great for my not-tiny head and my large-nostrils. 

One thing that I am happy about is the Large P10 pillows are in sealed manufacturer packaging. That's way better than from Amazon, where they come in ziplocks with no seal, no labeling, and no assuredness of newness.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st Re-Supply Shipment & Bewildered
They sent you PR System One filters, not PR DreamStation filters. Call the DME as soon as they're open again and tell them they sent you the wrong filters. Tell them you have a DreamStation and that the System One filters are NOT compatible with the DreamStation.

The Large P10 Pillows will work with the For Her P10 headgear. But you may find the headgear too small for your head. I use a For Her Swift FX headgear, but I find that the P10 For Her headgear is too small for my small head. As in I cannot get the straps far enough apart to make the pillows loose enough to not trigger piggy nose.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your response. Ok, I will call my DME on Monday and tell them about the filters. Meanwhile, I'll order some on Amazon, because my aqua one is getting gross.

That's very helpful info about your For Her. I worry about that myself (I don't need anything pushing strongly on my nostrils to make them grow any larger). I'll ask my DME to send me the For Him. Hopefully they'll send me a return label to return these. Thankfully I didn't open these items.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fyi, while you're waiting for new filters - I have gently washed, then rinsed well, both PR Dreamstation filters using unscented baby shampoo.  Let dry all day then put them back in.  New ones are better, but why not have cleaner ones in the meantime.     

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which cable for portable power supply? AndyJay2023 1 658 07-21-2023, 03:34 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Low cost 12v - 24v power supply for SEFAM S.Box Kingsway 1 762 05-29-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Equipment] Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Backup for ResMed AirCurve 10? GregB777 1 741 01-06-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Supply prices - Is there price fixing? sansnap 6 962 12-25-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  any lighter power supply for Airsense 10? christian4870 3 611 11-21-2022, 04:02 AM
Last Post: christian4870
  Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? DeeKaa 9 1,050 07-02-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Angry DME won't supply Resmed machine without Doc's request NotADr 3 739 06-29-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.