Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Took a turn for the worst. Please help with OSCAR Charts
Took a turn for the worst. Please help with OSCAR Charts
Hello,

I was making decent progress but the last 2-3 weeks have not been going as well as it was when I first started therapy. I don't get nearly the amount of sleep I was getting and wake up a lot and have a higher AHI. I don't really know what to do at this point as I've adjusted the EPR and humidity settings which don't seem to make a difference.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas as to where to start looking for improvements in my charts? Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Took a turn for the worst. Please help with OSCAR Charts
I’m not the one to give suggestions on centrals. That is what is giving you the high numbers. To cut down the time it takes to get someone that can help they will need you to post a zoomed in of a 2 minute section of a couple of your centrals 

Zooming in is easy - click on an area of centrals and your up arrow and down zooms in and out. Pick a couple 2 minute sections and post.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacy, a 10-minute zoom image will show us the character of the central, especially if they are treatment-emergent or CO2 driven.
2-3 minute zoom gives us the character of the individual breaths usually evaluating flow limitations. It's never bad to show both.

LBTRS, whenever we see a sudden appearance of Centrals we want to reduce EPR to see if that impacts the number of events. You have EPR=3, Try EPR=1 and we will take it from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the 10 minute shots. Thanks for looking.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that is classic CO2-induced breathing.
Let's try EPR OFF for a night or too
Post Reply Post Reply
Should I leave my minimum pressure at 8 or should I lower it? I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
leave it at 8, we will adjust if necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I'll give it a try tonight and report back. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was concerned about not getting any sleep with a big jump in the EPR so moved it to 1 last night and will turn it off tonight and see if I can sleep without it. Here are my charts from last night. Thanks for your help and suggestions, you don't know how much I appreciate all the help from this forum.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I didn't post an update sooner. I tried with EPR off and could not get to sleep so I went back to an EPR of 1 temporarily while I'm dealing with a sinus situation. I'll try turning EPR off as soon as I'm not also fighting sinus congestion along with CPAP. My AHI has improved with EPR of 1 so you may be onto something. More to come. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 110 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 380 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 261 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 682 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.