Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tooth Pain After Two Months Mask Use
RE: Tooth Pain After Two Months Mask Use
(07-06-2020, 06:18 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: "grade it" means after adjustments, and having obtained a balance between no leaks and pain, etc. grade or decide if it's a good situation or not. Never put up with pain and discomfort. If it needs to be that tight, either a different sized cushion or different model or style of mask is needed.

Thanks again! On the cushion size guide my nose is actually near the line between medium and large. I'm on medium now, will try large also. Am I right that the likely result, without strap adjustment, would be more leaks/less pain?

(07-07-2020, 02:40 AM)Sabina Wrote: My resource is personal experience and a discussion with my ENT. Though you might find something online. 

I get air pressure in my ears when my mouth opens during CPAP, feels just like a toothache. My sinuses have cleared up since CPAP and it has resolved because I no longer have to breathe through my mouth. It also helped to reduce the EPR.

https://www.enttoday.org/article/middle-...ssure-use/

This is really interesting. But I have the EPR off and I use tape to keep my mouth closed so I'm not sure that's it. Could there be other factors affecting the amount of ear pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunate, it's hard to tell about the results of changing to the large cushion until you try it. It may work great. On the F20 I've tried small, medium, and large. Each is decent to very good, depending on my weight status. When I'd lost a lot of weight, my face was actually very thin and needed the small. It only lasted a short time, and I was back on the medium. On the large, for me it's size change meant it got taller but not much wider so it was a bit worse than a medium on that mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Many OA's and neck/shoulder pain sfgiants123 2 90 5 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 263 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 846 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,093 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 394 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,746 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 570 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.