Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tooth extraction, safe to use CPAP right away?
Tooth extraction, safe to use CPAP right away?
I just got a tooth extracted two days ago, and now in the natural clot formation healing process, relying on delicate tissue bonding soon.

The take-home instructions stress the need to avoid suction, which could dislodge the clot.

Is CPAP safe to use in this situation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tooth extraction, safe to use CPAP right away?
CPAP provides pressure, nor suction. But ask your dentist, just to be sure.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
i had a tooth extracted last month, upper premolar. they said no pressure for a few days until the the clot had firmly set. i waited one week just to be sure. upper teeth especially premolar and molar run the risk of creating a communication into the sinus. if you had a lower tooth removed you needn't worry about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ship sailed for the OP by now, but I was thinking about how some large gasps w/o cpap might be more likely to cause a suction event in the mouth vs any kind of harm by cpap pressure in the mouth.
I've had a few teeth removed, and I made sure to stay away from milkshake straws and sharps like chips for many days, but I used my cpap at 15cm with no issue. Back in the day when I smoked cigs, I would be smoking on the way home from the extraction each time , mouth still clamped down on the gauze.. I smoked gently though lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that best is not to use cpap in some nights. Pressure or suction is not good for blood clotting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Are the Replacements Safe Keesh23 0 181 02-02-2024, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Keesh23
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 362 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 data extraction - time til asleep? Driftin12 3 508 10-19-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 803 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Tooth Extraction - Should I sleep without CPAP until healed? Hydrangea 10 18,330 11-14-2022, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Merrillguice
  Is soft cervical collar safe to use? accetableplaintain 4 1,062 06-26-2022, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad What glue is safe to use on nasal masks? go2sleep 8 5,300 06-25-2022, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.