Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Top 10 Nasal Pillow mask Aloha rated #1
Top 10 Nasal Pillow mask Aloha rated #1
I googled this and pulled up pro's and con's of the top 10 nasal pillow mask.
[DME-owned commercial website link removed]

Aloha was rated number 1 by far the best and AirFit P10 came in 2nd.
Anyone using the Aloha mask?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Top 10 Nasal Pillow mask Aloha rated #1
ResMed AirFit P10 pillows do indeed have a bit of an issue with stretching headgear if you don't wash/shrink it back occasionally. I still remain an unrepentant P10 advocate. You will be assimilated Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 12:40 PM)Judy1843 Wrote: I googled this and pulled up pro's and con's of the top 10 nasal pillow mask.
[DME-owned commercial website link removed]

Aloha was rated number 1 by far the best and AirFit P10 came in 2nd.
Anyone using the Aloha mask?

As much as anyone can *love* their cpap equipment I love love love my Aloha. Very adjustable, lightweight, and the pillows last for months.

That said, it's so individual -- at least two people I know have purchased the Aloha after hearing me praise it, and they didn't like it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking of trying the Aloha but opted for the Swift FX pillow mask instead. I have the P10 as well and I like it but it just doesn't stay on my face well. I am a side sleeper and after about an hour it ends up on the floor. The FX is better in that respect it stays on all night no matter how much I move around. But as always masks are so personal that what one person likes is the worst thing ever for someone else. It goes to show tha tone must try several to see what works for them. I like the FX and it works for me so I am sticking with it but I also like the P10 if it would just have had the headgear the FX has it would be the perfect pillow mask in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 02:32 PM)kaiasgram Wrote: As much as anyone can *love* their cpap equipment I love love love my Aloha. Very adjustable, lightweight, and the pillows last for months.

That said, it's so individual -- at least two people I know have purchased the Aloha after hearing me praise it, and they didn't like it!

Where are the exhalation ports on the Aloha? Does the air blow straight out? The main reason I love the P10 is its diffuser ports that don't allow to flow in any particular direction. Neither my wife nor I can feel the air exhausting out, which is important because I usually sleep on my side, facing her.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since the Dreamwear series was not available when the "Top 10 CPAP Masks of 2015" was written, it will be interesting to see how it ranks, if a similar test is done in the future. The article seems to be the result of a survey of 1000 customers of the DME that hosts the article, and we all know how valuable polls are. Anyway, the article is interesting, and a break from the usual customer review format.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 11:15 AM)Possum Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 02:32 PM)kaiasgram Wrote: As much as anyone can *love* their cpap equipment I love love love my Aloha. Very adjustable, lightweight, and the pillows last for months.

Where are the exhalation ports on the Aloha? Does the air blow straight out? The main reason I love the P10 is its diffuser ports that don't allow to flow in any particular direction. Neither my wife nor I can feel the air exhausting out, which is important because I usually sleep on my side, facing her.

The air blows at an angle, either up or down depending on whether you route your hose down or up over your head -- I route mine up over my head, and the air blows in a downward direction.

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought that seemed like a good bit of information. Does this forum do an annual survey of equipment being used?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 02:59 PM)DumfriesDik Wrote: I thought that seemed like a good bit of information. Does this forum do an annual survey of equipment being used?

Not yet, but you might send a PM to PollCat. Too-funny
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 05:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 02:59 PM)DumfriesDik Wrote: I thought that seemed like a good bit of information. Does this forum do an annual survey of equipment being used?

Not yet, but you might send a PM to PollCat. Too-funny

Sleeprider,
Now your in some serious trouble! Laugh-a-lot
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,861 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 264 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.