Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba 32Gb FlashAir SD Card
Toshiba 32Gb FlashAir SD Card
I haven't seen a lot of recent posts about using the Toshiba FlashAir SD cards - especially the 32Gb version (Model FlashAir W-04). I've got a line on one of these for about $100, and compared to the outrageous prices I've seen for most of these cards it seems worthy of some effort to see if I can use it.

I'm completely new to CPAP - in fact, I don't even have my titration test done yet to determine which machine type I need.  But I'm trying to do as much research as possible so that I can look out for myself when all the decisions need to be made. Based on all I've discovered on this amazing forum I'll be insisting on a ResMed CPAP.  I've done a home sleep test, but I am having trouble getting the test results other than having my doctor tell me I have 'severe sleep apnea'.  Should get the results within the next week, and I have a titration study set up for July 6th.

Is it possible to use this card to transfer data to OSCAR?  Just want to confirm that I haven't missed the boat on being able to do this since I haven't had to deal with sleep apnea until now (although, I think I've probably had it for a good while but never did anything about it - stupid, right?)

Any advice you can offer a novice would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Toshiba 32Gb FlashAir SD Card
Do yourself a favor and insist on a ResMed AutoSet.

The ResMed CPAP is the lowend model and records no detailed data thus OSCAR can't be effectively used.

The Elite model is a CPAP with detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP was a bad choice of words - I meant I'll insist on the ResMed brandname.  Not sure yet what machine will get recommended, but I will push to get a data capable unit of whichever type I need. I would really like to have the ability to transfer the data to OSCAR wirelessly, which is why I asked the question about the W04 version of the FlashAir card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the FlashAir will work with OSCAR, but not directly.  You will need a communications download app to copy your sleep data from the FlashAir to your computer first.  Here is a free app, named FlashPAP, that is written in Java, http://www.cognitial.com/flashpap/flashpap.htm.  You will configure it and your SD card to back up your data to a dedicated directory on your computer. Depending on your computer savvy, you can also have the option to use WebDAV on the FlashAir along with rsync commands in a script file to acquire your data as well.   Finally, it is highly recommended that you setup your FlashAir to a static IP.

Good Luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon and Red!!  I think I'm going to get the card.  I've been through the info on getting it set up, and I'm relatively savvy on computer stuff - just need a machine now!  I'm sure I'll be back here in a few weeks with some results to try to get whatever I end up with optimized. This forum is a godsend for people just getting introduced to sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're on Windows 10, you can actually bypass FlashPAP if you prefer. You can link to the FlashAir card using WebDAV directly if you map it as a network drive. Then you can just point OSCAR at the location and (when you're happy it works) you can simply set the options to let OSCAR autoload your profile and auto-update the data on loading the program up.

I just managed to find one of these cards for £25 which blew me away (I for sure thought it was a scam but nope). Makes it so much easier and there's no risk of forgetting to put your card back! I had some minor glitches getting things working at first, but the big thread about it definitely helped me through a bunch of things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ratchick - Thanks for that!  I am using WIN10 Pro, so will attempt to set it up as you've described once I get a machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you bypass the data backup to your computer, you will only have the maximum of 365 days of summary data along with 30 days of both detailed data and high-resolution data on the SD card. If something should happen, that will be the maximum historical data timeline you will be able to retrieve. There is nothing wrong with this approach, I just want you to be aware of this. Also, OSCAR creates a backup the data as well, but I like redundancy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2021, 01:56 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: There is nothing wrong with this approach, I just want you to be aware of this.  Also, OSCAR creates a backup the data as well, but I like redundancy.

Understood - and I, too, prefer redundancy!!  I'll do some more investigation while I wait for all the parts to come together.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR backup should have everything but you can also just use any backup program, batch file, power script, etc to either copy the whole of the OSCAR data directory as well as backing up the data directly from the WebDAV too, of course. I have backups of backups of backups. I back up my data to my storage disk, and I copy the CPAP data backup, the pulse ox data all to make sure I have multiple copies. But yes, definitely you can never have too many backups!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,244 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,947 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 795 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.