Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
RE: Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
(04-01-2017, 09:40 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Thanks for the toast but I'd rather be sipping your brew.   Thumbs-up-2

I would gladly buy you both a round or two, if we ever meet up!  

I actually thought of one last question.  If the machine ever gets unplugged or the power goes out, when power is restored will the wireless connection be restored without any intervention by me?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2017, 10:39 PM)Marillion Wrote: If the machine ever gets unplugged or the power goes out, when power is restored will the wireless connection be restored without any intervention by me?

The FlashAir only broadcasts its connection parameters during boot-up. As soon as power is restored to your CPAP, the FlashAir will renegotiate with your wireless access point without a problem.  However if your location ever loses power, the FlashAir will normally come back up faster than the access point device.  This means you will need to wait about 3 minutes after the power is restored (to be safe) then pop out the SD card, wait a second or two, then reinsert.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2017, 07:16 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 10:39 PM)Marillion Wrote: If the machine ever gets unplugged or the power goes out, when power is restored will the wireless connection be restored without any intervention by me?

The FlashAir only broadcasts its connection parameters during boot-up. As soon as power is restored to your CPAP, the FlashAir will renegotiate with your wireless access point without a problem.  However if your location ever loses power, the FlashAir will normally come back up faster than the access point device.  This means you will need to wait about 3 minutes after the power is restored (to be safe) then pop out the SD card, wait a second or two, then reinsert.

Thanks for that info Crimson.  So I ran FlashPap this morning and it found the card no problem as well as the data.  I copied the selected date for last night then exited and ran SleepyHead using the button on FlashPap.  None of the info came over.   I then pointed Sleepyhead at Flashpap's data folder where the info from my FlashAir card goes but it doesn't seem to recognize the info and thus is not pulling the data over into Sleepyhead.  I'm sure there is something small that I am missing here and I apologize for the trouble!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh sure! I tell you, you tell someone else, and pretty soon everybody will know.   Big Grin

This sounds like a apples/oranges scenario where you are downloading to one directory and trying to import from another.

First, Let's verify everything is where it is suppose to be.  Look in the directory that has the downloaded  data.

The main directory should look like this:
[Image: SDCardContents.jpg]

The subdirectory DATALOG should look something like this:
[Image: SDDataLog.jpg]

Finally, the subdirectory SETTINGS should look something like this:
[Image: SDSettings.jpg]

Start SleepyHead and when you select the Import function, immediately select the Choose Folder button. Make sure it is pointing to the directory that contains the data that you just verified.

Let me know how you make out.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmmm, not what I am seeing in my FlashPap area on my computer. Below are the images. Please let me know what you think.

[Image: spnGjd2.png]

[Image: Oxbyt71.png]

[Image: KSrjagw.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You have an AS10 and I have a S9. I'm ignorant on its file structure. We need someone else running a AS10 to verify if yours is correct. I noticed there is a separate listing for the AS10 in FlashPAP. Yours is probably good.

Try SH and make sure the Import is going to that directory. The worse that can happen is it doesn't find any data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2017, 05:53 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You have an AS10 and I have a S9.  I'm ignorant on its file structure.  We need someone else running a AS10 to verify if yours is correct.  I noticed there is a separate listing for the AS10 in FlashPAP. Yours is probably good.  

Try SH and make sure the Import is going to that directory.  The worse that can happen is it doesn't find any data.

Thanks Crimson.  I went into the location SH was trying to pull data from and it was trying to pull from the data subdirectory.  I suspect I should have left it as the main Parent directory for the Flash Pap data.  I've changed it now and will try it again tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the file structure for an Airsense 10 Autoset, root directory and datalog folder.  I'm actually showing my Flashpap card from my laptop, mapped as Drive V:.  The files that I copy over are STR.edf and the new folders that are in the datalog folder, copying them both onto an SD card in my laptop with the same file structure.  I always overlap my copying by 1 day, since I'll sometimes do it in the afternoon when the CPAP has created its daily folder, but has not written data to it.  What that means is I look at the last date on my laptop, and copy the data from the Flashpap anyway for that date, overwriting if necessary.
You do still have to import the data into and using Sleepyhead, couldn't tell from your writing if you did that. 
If, instead of using Flashpap, you do as I have and set the Flashair card up as a network shared drive, Sleepyhead will import directly from Flashpap, just be aware that it will sometimes hang up (not sure why).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Ed. Much appreciated. I will give this a try at some point also.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, don't worry about the DCIM folder, all it has is some jpg file in it, not sure why it is in there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,239 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,931 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,133 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 795 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,096 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.