Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
RE: Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
Thanks Ed. I played around with trying to create a virtual drive and mounting the flashair remotely to it but didn't have much luck yesterday. Must be some setting in my wLan folder on the flashwifi that is off I suspect.

However, after changing the location Sleepyhead was pulling from, it appears I was able to get Flashpap to pull last nights data from my flashair mounted in my Airsense 10 this morning and Sleepyhead successfuly imported it. So currently I do have wireless importing capability! Not sure if I want to mess with it now that it is finally working.

Using a virtual drive would mean not having to use Flashpap. I would be pulling data directly from the virtual drive into Sleepyhead, but it's a small enough step I suppose to use Flashpap and it is working. "One in the hand..." and all that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, yeah, once you get anything on a home network using Windows working, don't ever touch it, ever . . . I only do what I do because I also use Rescan and it requires an SD card on the computer it is running on (or a direct connection to the machine).

Glad you have it working.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all. Run into a bit of a snag. Everything seems to work fine for a number of days and then when I use flashpap I get an error message that there is no connection with the Flashair card. I remove the card from the machine, insert it back in wait for a bit and then try again and then I get a connection. Any idea why this would be happening and what I could do to fix it?

Here is my Wifi Config file from the card. Not sure if all of those lines are necessary..

#Sat Apr 01 18:41:20 PDT 2017
UPLOAD=1
WEBDAV=2
DNSMODE=0
APPMODE=5
DHCP_Enabled=YES
IP_Address=192.168.0.15
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
CID=02544d535731364708d18bba7900eb01
NOISE_CANCEL=0
APPNETWORKKEY=************
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNAME=ACPAP
APPSSID=SHAW-EA4455
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=*********
UPLOAD=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
VERSION=F19BAW3AW2.00.03
Post Reply Post Reply
If you specify this:
DHCP_Enabled=YES

These are ignored:
IP_Address=192.168.0.15
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0

Other than that, which wouldn't result in your card dropping, everything else looks okay. DNSMODE is set to 1 on mine. Don't think it would be the reason you are losing connection either. Minor OCD point - you have UPLOAD=1 twice. Also won't effect communication.

So I would look at how far from your CPAP machine is your wifi router? If more than 30 feet, any chance you can move the router closer, even temporarily to test?

A.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Alan!  I would say my CPAP machine is more like 50 feet away.  But it is a pretty powerful router with a lot of range on it.  I can get a wifi signal outside of my house almost at the street with my cellphone.

Do I need to remove that DHCP line or do I set it as "No"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Set it to "NO". If your home phone is a 2.4 wireless or your kitchen (microwave) is in between your FlashAir and the access point, you might encounter an interruption. You will need to do what you have been doing to reset it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2017, 02:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Set it to "NO".  If your home phone is a 2.4 wireless or your kitchen (microwave) is in between your FlashAir and the access point, you might encounter an interruption.  You will need to do what you have been doing to reset it.

Could I delete the line entirely or does it need to be there to say "no"?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2017, 02:58 PM)Marillion Wrote: Could I delete the line entirely or does it need to be there to say "no"?

It may not default to DHCP when it sees an IP/Mask but having a parameter for it makes me wonder how the card will default if it isn't listed. Just to be safe I'd declare it as "No".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DHCP_Enabled=YES is the default. Removing the line will be the same as leaving it in set to YES.

If DHCP_Enabled config doesn't exist or if it is set to YES, the IP_Address and Subnet_Mask lines are just ignored. If you need to specify an IP and subnet, use DHCP_Enabled=NO.

Also, your wifi router being 50 feet away is your issue. The antenna on the flashair is real small (and the card sits inside your cpap machine). Your phone has a much better antenna and can receive the signal further away. I had the same issue and my router was only 40 feet away. I had to cycle my card constantly until I move my router closer. It is now within 20 feet of the Flashair and I haven't had a single drop out since.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Alan and Crimson! I'll make the changes suggested. Much appreciated guys. Have a great weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,252 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,960 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,135 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 797 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 495 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,097 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.