Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
RE: Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
(04-15-2017, 02:27 PM)Marillion Wrote: Thank you Alan!  I would say my CPAP machine is more like 50 feet away.  But it is a pretty powerful router with a lot of range on it.  I can get a wifi signal outside of my house almost at the street with my cellphone.

Do I need to remove that DHCP line or do I set it as "No"?

It's not your router transmit distance, it's the wifi cards ability to transmit to the router. I'd plug the cpap next to the router to set it up.
(that's all I got to add, I've ordered a card and learning to install it, which led me to this thread)
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Well gentlemen...it seems I have run into problems again. This time, after going away for a 2 day business trip and taking my CPAP. When I returned and plugged my CPAP back in at home, my Flashair card was not found again by Flashpap. I unplugged the card in the machine and plugged it back in. Still no connection. I then brought the card to my computer, plugged it into and SD card reader and tried to access it there, Flashpap still cannot see it! i cannot for the life of me see what could have severed the connection... I am going to test your collective patience and ask for help again.

The following is my current config file which is how we set it up last time when it worked for almost this whole month. I'm not sure what could have broken that connection. I moved the router somewhat closer and now it is about 15 feet away. But even when I plug the Flashair card into my SD card reader into the computer it still cannot read it. Which leads me to believe there is something wrong in their connection.

#Sat Apr 01 18:41:20 PDT 2017
WEBDAV=2
DNSMODE=1
APPMODE=5
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.0.15
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
CID=02544d535731364708d18bba7900eb01
NOISE_CANCEL=0
APPNETWORKKEY=************
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNAME=ACPAP
APPSSID=SHAW-EA4455
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0
Post Reply Post Reply
set the DHCP mode to on AND do the ip-thingy in your router^^ - OR AT LEAST choose an ip OUTSIDE the DHCP-Server range set in your router - otherwise you will always end up running into trouble if your desired IP is already taken by another device^^
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2017, 03:38 AM)TBMx Wrote: set the DHCP mode to on AND do the ip-thingy in your router^^ - OR AT LEAST choose an ip OUTSIDE the DHCP-Server range set in your router - otherwise you will always end up running into trouble if your desired IP is already taken by another device^^

Thanks!  But I'm not sure by what you mean in "do the ip thingy in your router" or how to choose an ip outside the DHCP server range in my router.  Can  you clarify?
Post Reply Post Reply
You state that when you connect the SD card directly to your computer that you can't read it.  Are the contents of the CONFIG file that you have listed taken from an archive location or directly from the SD card to write this?   I'm trying to understand if you can't read the SD card completely or just the CPAP data.

Let's see if another device has that address.  .  .
With the SD card unplugged to avoid detection, issue this  command at a command prompt: PING 192.168.0.15
You will be looking for a response of : Destination host unreachable.  If you get a response with the phrase: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64 then another device has that address.

If you find another device, the easiest thing to do is reboot your router and after it is fully back online reboot your SD card.  Then try it.

Also, TBMx has a good suggestion about setting your DHCP range on your router.  Make sure that the starting DHCP value high enough to preclude your SD card address from being issued to another device.   Usually a range of x.x.x.100 to x.x.x.254 is more than sufficient. This would allow up to 154 devices to connect.

Let see what happens when you try this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2017, 08:55 AM)Marillion Wrote: Thanks!  But I'm not sure by what you mean in "do the ip thingy in your router" or how to choose an ip outside the DHCP server range in my router.  Can  you clarify?

Please don't get me wrong on the following:
your router comes with a manual - Its' the single point that shields you and your network from the bad and ugly world out here^^ - you really should at least have read once through it. I know everyone thinks these things "have to be secure out of the box" - but on the other hand if they would we would not have major DDOS- / spam-attacks. (and so on^^)

you should have a page where you can see all devices connected (or known) to your router .... if you have something like "advanced" or more options per device choose that and look around if you can choose some option like "always assign this ip-adress to the device" <--- that is what you want for your flash-card (or for that matter for every device that you count as static to your household)

somewhere in your router settings (somewhere around your home-network ... propably under "advanced") should be the possibility to define a range for the DHCP-server (that's the name of the service that gives new devices an ip-address in your network - so that they can function)
you really don't need to assign the whole space of the 254 useable adresses to the dhcp-server .... setting a range of 100-200 (or 50-200) should be enough for a normal household.
and if you are already there change the lease-time! (in some devices the default lease-time - that is how long the dhcp-server reserves that adress for that specific device - goes up as high as 10 days!)

In my networks I assign all devices that belong to that household / place a "static-IP" through the dhcp-server with method 1. ... so the "dynamic" range is only needed for "guests" .... these adresses don't need to be reserved for longer than a single day (imagine you have like 20 different guest-devices each day .... after 10 days 200 adresses are already reserved and new devices might not get a proper ip^^)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. Crimson, I should clarify. I cannot read the card over my wifi network when my card is plugged into the SD card reader which is plugged into my computer which is right beside my router. But I can access the Flashwifi card though my explorer on the computer. The contents I posted is what I pulled off of it right when I posted.

I pinged 192.168.0.15 last night and did not get ANY responses both times that I tried it.

I will try all of these suggestions when I have had a chance to work on this. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

Thanks so much to the both of you for helping me out on this!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your wifi router should list connected devices and usually by MAC address. The MAC address for the Flashair is written on the card. Might need a magnifying glass to find it.

I would try setting DHCP_Enabled=Yes. Make sure your APPNETWORKKEY= and APPSSID= are correct. cycle the card (remove it and insert it again). In your computer is fine doesn't have to be in the CPAP machine. Wait 30 seconds and refresh your wifi routers page that shows connected devices and see if you can find your card's MAC address listed.

Another tool I use which helps a lot with identifying devices on my network is SoftPerfect Network Scanner. It is free and will show you every device IP and MAC address on your subnet.

Once you find your card, you can do above and reserve your card's IP or just leave CONFIG as DHCP_Enabled=Yes. The chances of your card getting a different IP from your wifi DHCP is remote. I have the same IP, in DHCP, for over a year.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2017, 10:29 AM)Marillion Wrote: Thanks guys.  Crimson, I should clarify.   I cannot read the card over my wifi network when my card is plugged into the SD card reader which is plugged into my computer which is right beside my router.  But I can access the Flashwifi card though my explorer on the computer.  The contents I posted is what I pulled off of it right when I posted.

I pinged 192.168.0.15 last night and did not get ANY responses both times that I tried it.

I will try all of these suggestions when  I have had a chance to work on this. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

Thanks so much to the both of you for helping me out on this!

Open a CMD prompt and try pinging ACPAP or Flashair. Pinging the name should resolve the IP.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2017, 10:46 AM)AlanE Wrote: The chances of your card getting a different IP from your wifi DHCP is remote. I have the same IP, in DHCP, for over a year.

not really the issue with DHCP ... guess what happens after lease-time^^ (and a new device connecting Too-funny )
(I really don't hope that your router has an infinite lease-time set as default)

on the other hand: not the 1st time Marillion had issues with the wifi-card ... dhcp didn't work - static (set in the card) didn't work either ... so what comes to mind (as the 1st time) is the router with an ip-address issue. (I really put my money on that^^)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,245 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,950 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,135 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 796 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,097 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.