Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
RE: Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
My lease time is the default 1 week and never had an issue with any device getting another IP address. I don't get many visitors during the year, maybe 30 or so with the holidays. Maybe Marillion is more popular?

Reasons the card doesn't respond. Please add to list if I forgot something.
1. It has a different IP
2. It has the same IP as another device (conflict)
3. Refused connection - Wrong SSID/Password
4. Flashair card broke (at least the wifi part)
5. The SD-WLAN folder got wiped out and/or config is in the wrong folder.
6. wifi router has MAC filtering.
7. Card is too far from wifi router or signal is being interfered/blocked.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I did have a problem when accessing the FlashAir config file using Linux. It would strip off the Line Feed character and make the file one continuous line of parameters that wouldn't parse.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I worked on this a bit last night. I went through my always connected devices and assigned them permanent IP addresses. Interestingly, I was able to get Flashpap last night to see the Flashair card when it was plugged into my machine but I could not see it on my router when I went into the connections list anywhere. How is that possible?

Also, this morning when I booted up my computer and went to use Flashpap to download the results to my computer, Flashpap could not see the card... Sad I need to somehow find the Flashair card in my router when it is connected and assign a permanent address I think... But I don't understand why I wasn't able to see it last night in the list of connections...even while Flashpap was able to see it and download files last night via wifi but not this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
In all of this, have you rebooted your router? The one time my FlashAir "disappeared" from my network (after I'd popped it into the laptop to look at something in the config folder), rebooting the router restored the communication from router to SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I did try rebooting the router tonight as it is all I had time to try. It didn't make a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
if the distance between the card and your laptop is not that big maybe you should start by turning it into an access point. (AP-Mode)

and just to double-check: your wlan password only consist of numbers and letters? ... no special chars like [.,;:!?%&()......]

you don't have by any chance 2,4GHz Wifi and 5GHz Wifi enabled with the same SSID? (if so try turning off the 5GHz band)
.. or maybe some "fancy" power-saving or whatever mode on the wifi which reduces the signal-strength if the router thinks it is not needed anymore?
.. one pitfall might as well be: "autoselect channel" ... if you have many wifis around you maybe your router is changing the wifi-channel from time to time and the card does not keep up!? (or the channel you use is overcrowded ... or you use a channel too high - not every device can use channels above 11 (or so - depends on the regulations in the country) - try setting it below 10)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions TMBx. I will try making some modifications and report back when I do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still going to say if you haven't moved the wifi router closer to your CPAP machine, it is the cause of your problem. 50' is too far. If you haven't, please try it at least temporarily and see if you get better results.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Currently, it's about 20 maybe at the most 25' away. I made the ip addresses permanent inside my router settings for all of my household devices. I also turned off "smart switching" for 2.6 to 5G networks. Not sure if that would make a difference or not.

I have been able to connect with Flashpap for the past 4 days now and I am knocking on wood that it will continue. I used Flashpap to re-initialize the Flashair card.

What I find odd though, is that I don't see the card listed over the wifi devices on my router even though I can clearly connect to it from my computer over wifi via flashpap and download my results. Why would that be?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure. You're router may be expecting more information from your Flashair. You can try setting these two in your CONFIG and see if it shows up:

Default_Gateway=192.168.0.1  
ID=SMITHS_CARD

Card ID (ID)
Specifies card ID using ASCII 1 - 16 characters. Default is empty. This can be set to the same as APPNAME

Default Gateway (Default_Gateway)
When DHCP client is disabled, sets the Default Gateway. Default value is "0.0.0.0". When "DHCP_Enabled=YES", values are ignored.

Most likely the gateway will be your wifi but if you're not sure, open a cmd prompt and type IPCONFIG
It will show your gateway. Use the IPv4 result not IPv6.
IPv4 will be similar to 192.168.0.1
IPv6 will look like this: fe80::f44b:2aff:fe25:ab0%6
As far as I know, Flashair doesn't support IPv6

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,252 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,961 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,135 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 797 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 495 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,097 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.