Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
RE: Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
that should be a "hidden" folder.
It might show up in the finder in the "go" menu .. or press (simultaneously) CMD + SHIFT + . (the dot)
(repeat that to hide them again)
Post Reply Post Reply
It's normally a hidden folder. At least it was in Windows. Having said that, if your machine erased the SD card after you put it in, the folder was deleted. You can recreate the folder and create the CONFIG file in that folder. It's just a simple text file.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Configuring the FlashAir using the FlashPAP Software
  1. Perform Sections 1 through 3 from my previous post.
  2. Insert the SD card in the computer's SD card slot.
  3. Open the FlashPAP program.
  4. Select the "..."3 dots to the right of the Profile / User Name and select New Profile.
  5. Provide a unique name for this profile.
  6. Select your CPAP type from the drop down list in xPAP Machine.
  7. Select the 3 dots to the right of the textbox In the FlashAir Host Name or IP Address
  8. Choose the second option, FlashAir Setup.
  9. Follow the 5 Steps in this section.
    1. Step 1 - Select Your SD Card's computer address location (e.g.: drive letter or directory name.)
    2. Step 2 - Enter:
      • Network Mode = S-STA (Station)
      • Host Name = Provide a unique name
      • WiFi SSID = Your Wireless Access Point Name
      • WiFi Password = Your Password
      • Options - Uncheck both:
        • Enableble WiFi Noise Cancellation
        • DNS Friendly
    3. Step 3 - Review CONFIG File
    4. Step 4 - Transfer FlashAir to your CPAP
    5. Step 5 - Test Connectivity
    6. Select the Finish button.
  10. Select the Destination Folder on your computer to store the card's data.
  11. Optional - Select Scan FlashAir SD card

You are ready to go!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2017, 12:48 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: First, the disclaimer.  I'm a Windows and Linux nerd.  I never had the money to afford a Mac.  Big Grin
Experienced Mac users please jump in here at anytime.
  • Section 1 - Things you need to know:
    1. Your wireless access point's SSID(name).
    2. The password to connect to it.
  • Section 2 - Determining your internal network IP range (numbering system):
    (If you know your internal IP address range then you can skip this section.)
    • Method 1
      1. Click on the Apple icon on the upper-left corner of the screen.
      2. Scroll down and select System Preferences.
      3. Click Network. This should be on the third row.
      4. Select your connection. Typically you will be connected to the network via AirPort (wireless), or Ethernet (wired). The connection you are using will say Connected next to it. Your IP address will be listed directly beneath your connection status, in smaller print. Note: Your active connection will typically be selected by default.

• Method 2
      1. Open the Terminal. This can be found in the Utilities section of your Application folder.
      2. Use the ifconfig command. The normal ifconfig command will result in a lot of data displayed that is not necessary and a little confusing. The following command will remove most of the unnecessary stuff and display your internal IP address:
        ifconfig | grep "inet " | grep -v 127.0.0.1[2]
        This command removes the 127.0.0.1 entry, which will always appear regardless of the machine you are using. This is the feedback loop, and can be ignored when looking for the IP address.
  • Section 3 - Selecting an Available IP Address Number
    For this example, I'm going to use a 192.168.1.xxx network range.  The "xxx" can be a value between 1 and 254.  
    1. We are looking for a number that is not assigned to another device.  The response that we desire is an unreachable or not connected response. (I don't know what a Mac's actual response is)
    2. At the command prompt in the Terminal window, issue this command:  ping -c3 192.168.1.xxx  The "xxx" should be substituted with a number, other than your Macs IP number. . . also avoid the numbers 1 and 254 (they are usually assigned to the router). Note: If you forget to use the "-c3", press the CTRL-C to stop its responding.
    3. If your computer returned a value like, 192.1683.1.10, then try replacing the "10" with the value "20" and see if it's available.  Likewise it your IP is a "100", try a "200".   This may speed up finding an available IP.
    4. Once your found an available IP go to Section 4.
  • Section 4 - Configuring the FlashAir
    1. Insert your FlashAir in the Mac's SD card slot.
    2. Open its directory and navigate to the SD_WLAN directory.
    3. Open the CONFIG file using your favorite text editor.
    4. Copy and paste or type it in the following:  (Note:User supplied responses highlighted in blue)

IP_Address=192.168.1.xxx (From Section 3)
      Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
      DNSMODE=1
      APPMODE=5
      STA_RETRY_CT=0
      APPSSID=Access Point(SSID) Name(Section 1)
      APPNETWORKKEY=Your Password Here(Section 1)
      MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
      PRODUCT=FlashAir
      DHCP_Enabled=NO
      APPNAME=DSAUTO(Unique name)
      COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1\:/BCONFIG
      LOCK=1
      APPAUTOTIME=0
      VENDOR=TOSHIBA
      UPLOAD=1

5. Save this file to the SD card.  Make sure that you save it using a CR+LF type of line termination.  Linux and Unix text editors typically only use a CR for line termination.
    6. Close out of the directory and unmount the SD card (if that happens on a Mac)
  • Section 5 - Connecting to the FlashAir
    1. Remove the FlashAir for your computer.
    2. Insert it into your CPAP and allow it to initialize.
    3. On your Mac, Open your web browser and type in the IP address of your FlashAir.
    4. If all has gone well, you should see a directory listing and no further action is required. You can now follow the FlashPAP instructions to setup this card as well.
    5. If not, back to the drawing board and go through the steps above.

I hope this may help.
- Red

Managed to find the folder thanks to help from AlanE and TBMx. Question: do I overwrite everything with Section 4 configuration or add the lines after [Process Complete]?

[Image: 9oxhWOO.png]

(06-19-2017, 07:49 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Configuring the FlashAir using the FlashPAP Software
  1. Perform Sections 1 through 3 from my previous post.
  2. Insert the SD card in the computer's SD card slot.
  3. Open the FlashPAP program.
  4. Select the "..."3 dots to the right of the Profile / User Name and select New Profile.
  5. Provide a unique name for this profile.
  6. Select your CPAP type from the drop down list in xPAP Machine.
  7. Select the 3 dots to the right of the textbox In the FlashAir Host Name or IP Address
  8. Choose the second option, FlashAir Setup.
  9. Follow the 5 Steps in this section.
    1. Step 1 - Select Your SD Card's computer address location (e.g.: drive letter or directory name.)
    2. Step 2 - Enter:
      • Network Mode = S-STA (Station)
      • Host Name = Provide a unique name
      • WiFi SSID = Your Wireless Access Point Name
      • WiFi Password = Your Password
      • Options - Uncheck both:
        • Enableble WiFi Noise Cancellation
        • DNS Friendly
    3. Step 3 - Review CONFIG File
    4. Step 4 - Transfer FlashAir to your CPAP
    5. Step 5 - Test Connectivity
    6. Select the Finish button.
  10. Select the Destination Folder on your computer to store the card's data.
  11. Optional - Select Scan FlashAir SD card

You are ready to go!
- Red

Stuck here too Red... can't add the FlashAir Drive letter. When I click on "Browse for FlashAir card (after inserting), nothing happens... even after I remove and add in the flashair card.

[Image: f3RFq8Bl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a clue about macs .... BUT: you are supposed to EDIT that file - NOT execute it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since Linux is a "Kissin' Cousin" to OS X, I attempted the SD card setup in FlashPAP.   No Joy!    The drive selection step looks for a drive letter, this only works in Windows.  My Linux returns the SD address as /media/sg/FC8E-76EE.  You will have to use a text editor to setup the SD card in Linux.    I'm guessing that this will hold true for Mac (OS X) as well.

When you get to Step 7, enter the IP address that you assigned it instead of selecting the FlashAir Setup option. Jump to Step 10 to complete the setup.

Edit: Since my FlashPAP instruction post is rather long, I have edited my master copy but have chosen not to post the newer version unless required.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2017, 09:22 AM)st8800 Wrote: Stuck here too Red... can't add the FlashAir Drive letter. When I click on "Browse for FlashAir card (after inserting), nothing happens... even after I remove and add in the flashair card.
I was unable to read the card over the network when it was plugged into the PC.

I just took a leap of faith and configured the card, then dropped it into the Airsense.
When I logged into my router, there is was under the assigned IP.
I changed the hostname in the router, then did the same thing for my wife's card and changed her hostname.

Once I got both cards visible on the network I was able to map the drive letters, but you should be able to access by Hostname as well.

I am running DHCP on my router, but I hard-coded the IP addresses on the cards.  I used addresses in an IP block outside of what is used by DHCP, so if the router reboots while the machines are powered down, it won't assign the same addresses to one of our phones/TV's/etc...
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry before I reach step 7, how should I assign the IP address without setting it up?

Manually? I need to know if copy and paste the below content means replacing the entire content in my existing config file. Or do I just add to the last line because my config file doesn't have these setting to edit.

"Copy and paste or type it in the following:  (Note:User supplied responses highlighted in blue)

IP_Address=192.168.1.xxx (From Section 3)
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
DNSMODE=1
APPMODE=5
STA_RETRY_CT=0
APPSSID=Access Point(SSID) Name(Section 1)
APPNETWORKKEY=Your Password Here(Section 1)
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
PRODUCT=FlashAir
DHCP_Enabled=NO
APPNAME=DSAUTO(Unique name)
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1\:/BCONFIG
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
UPLOAD=1"

My config file below:

[Image: 9oxhWOOl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Overwrite what is in your config file.
Keep in mind that once you reboot the card, it will execute the file and overwrite your password with *******, so if you make any additional changes you will need to put the password back in.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Copy everything in that list. Replace everything that is in blue type with your settings. Make sure that you use an editor that terminates each line with a CR+LF character or offers it as an option. Most *NIX system editors use only a CR character for line termination.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 663 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,128 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,921 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,130 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 795 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,096 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.