Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
RE: Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
File permission settings is the only thing that comes to mind. With the card is in Mac's slot, make sure that "Read and Write: is set for all. This includes owner, group, world/others. I know my Windows unit would work when my Linux box wouldn't because of the file permission setting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm... after reading previous post to disable dual band and running on 2.4Ghz, it can connect again. Thanks for looking into this Red.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back to your executable script Red, how to create it? Step by step please.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Using a text editor type or copy and paste the following 2 lines:

#!/bin/bash
java -jar /Path To/FlashPAP/FlashPAP.jar user=FlashPAP User Name exit=yes

Replace the "Path To" with the actual path to the FlashPAP folder.  Replace "FlashPAP User Name" with the name you used to configure FlashPAP.
Note: If the FlashPAP folder is in your "/Users/Your User Name" folder, you might try "$HOME" instead of typing the complete path.

Save the file with a ".sh" extension. (it is nothing more than symbolic).  Go to the file's properties and make it executable.

Now try to run it.

I'm hoping that a Mac user can advise if I missed something.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Flashair transmitter is indeed extremely weak.
Keep in mind that these were developed to be used in digital cameras to eliminate the need to plug them into a USB port or transfer the card to the computer.
That is also why they are configured to default to Access Point mode rather than Station mode.

I'm running an AC2400 blowtorch and have no problems with the machines in the bedroom above the living room... but my router is also on top of the entertainment center, the antennae are only about 2ft from the ceiling.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2017, 08:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Using a text editor type or copy and paste the following 2 lines:

#!/bin/bash
java -jar /Path To/FlashPAP/FlashPAP.jar user=FlashPAP User Name exit=yes

Replace the "Path To" with the actual path to the FlashPAP folder.  Replace "FlashPAP User Name" with the name you used to configure FlashPAP.
Note: If the FlashPAP folder is in your "/Users/Your User Name" folder, you might try "$HOME" instead of typing the complete path.

Save the file with a ".sh" extension. (it is nothing more than symbolic).  Go to the file's properties and make it executable.

Now try to run it.

I'm hoping that a Mac user can advise if I missed something.

- Red

Hi Red, stuck here: "Go to the file's properties and make it executable", how to do that? There is no option in "Get Info" to make the file executable. Overtime I double click it opens to the text editor which is the UltraEdit that I used to create it. I renamed it as Flash.sh with the below script:

#!/bin/bash

java -jar /Users/imac/Documents/FlashPAP.jar user=Spencer exit=yes
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, After some google-foo, I found this:

Save the file with no file extension (eg. bash_file, instead of bash_file.sh)
You'll need to change the permissions. On the terminal run:
chmod +x your_bash_file

Finally, you will need to make sure OS X opens the file using the Terminal and not the application that created the file e.g. your favorite text editor.  
Choose File -> Get Info and set Open with: to Terminal.app

You should now be able to click on the script to execute it!

I hope this helps.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm. no joy... not giving up yet.

[Image: CXoc4p8l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
H-m-m-m-m; Do you have your FlashPAP files directly in your Documents folder and not in its own folder?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Almost there.... Too-funny

user here is the Profile / User Name right?

"/Users/imac/Documents/FlashPAP/FlashPAP.jar user=Spencer Dreamstation exit=yes"

[Image: VqE6KMpl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 669 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,252 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,964 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,135 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 797 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 495 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,097 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.