Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
RE: Toshiba FlashAir 2 with Flashpap configuration
OK, user is just the Profile/User name.  Delete the "Dreamstation".

The line should read as:
/Users/imac/Documents/FlashPAP/FlashPAP.jar user=Spencer exit=yes
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
But my profile name is "Spencer Dreamstation". See manual FlashPAP below:

[Image: Mx1Qm4Ml.png]

Same Error even if I delete Dreamstation.  Dont-know

See below:

[Image: RNFgcmTl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
That can be a problem.  The system may see that as two names or an additional parameter.  Usually a space indicates a break or termination of input.   This can be causing the command line to see the word "Dreamstation" as an additional parameter.    That is why you will see the use of an underscore to separate words or names like,"Spencer_Dreamstation".  Your eye sees two words but the computer sees it as one.  

Try this; Copy your Spencer Dreamstation.fpap (in your FlashPAP directory) to the same directory and rename it Spencer.fpap  or Spencer_Dreamstation.fpap.     Open it with a text editor and change UserName= to match the file name.    Now try running the script again, using the edited name.  It should work.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:  I just tried an idea with success.  Enclose Spencer Dreamstation within quotes ("") to force FlashPAP to see this as one parameter.

Example:
/Users/imac/Documents/FlashPAP/FlashPAP.jar user="Spencer Dreamstation" exit=yes

May the Flash be with you!    Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Since the program has not (yet) worked, the username can be changed.  It does not have to be the same as the username from Sleepyhead.
Out Sleepyhead profiles are our entire first/last names, but our FlasPAP profiles are just "Rich" and "Cam"

FlashPAP is only a tool to extract the files from the card and temporarily store them on the computer for later importation into Sleepyhead... it doesn't import directly into Sleepyhead.

And yes, I would suggest creating a separate folder JUST for the FlashPAP Username.
Importing directly into the Documents folder is going to put two folders and 3 files into that folder.
It would be better to create a dedicated folder for the import (see attachments)
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2017, 08:10 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Update:  I just tried an idea with success.  Enclose Spencer Dreamstation within quotes ("") to force FlashPAP to see this as one parameter.

Example:
/Users/imac/Documents/FlashPAP/FlashPAP.jar user="Spencer Dreamstation" exit=yes

Interesting...  I just tried this same command:
C:\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar user=Rich exit=yes

And I got the same error as Spencer

Prior to the error it popped up with a warning about write protection and suggested running from a different folder or as Admin.

Edit: Working now. The command must be executed from within the FlashPAP folder... it could not be accessed just by opening the CMD window and typing the command... a CD\FlashPAP command was needed.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2017, 07:26 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: That can be a problem.  The system may see that as two names or an additional parameter.  Usually a space indicates a break or termination of input.   This can be causing the command line to see the word "Dreamstation" as an additional parameter.    That is why you will see the use of an underscore to separate words or names like,"Spencer_Dreamstation".  Your eye sees two words but the computer sees it as one.  

Try this; Copy your Spencer Dreamstation.fpap (in your FlashPAP directory) to the same directory and rename it Spencer.fpap  or Spencer_Dreamstation.fpap.     Open it with a text editor and change UserName= to match the file name.    Now try running the script again, using the edited name.  It should work.  

- Red
Copy and rename Spencer.fpap to which directory? If you meant the same directory as the script, it didn't work.

(06-24-2017, 08:10 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Update:  I just tried an idea with success.  Enclose Spencer Dreamstation within quotes ("") to force FlashPAP to see this as one parameter.

Example:

May the Flash be with you!    Big Grin

- Red
Enclosing "Spencer Dreamstation" yielded same result.

(06-24-2017, 01:15 PM)CB91710 Wrote: Since the program has not (yet) worked, the username can be changed.  It does not have to be the same as the username from Sleepyhead.
Out Sleepyhead profiles are our entire first/last names, but our FlasPAP profiles are just "Rich" and "Cam"

FlashPAP is only a tool to extract the files from the card and temporarily store them on the computer for later importation into Sleepyhead... it doesn't import directly into Sleepyhead.

And yes, I would suggest creating a separate folder JUST for the FlashPAP Username.
Importing directly into the Documents folder is going to put two folders and 3 files into that folder.
It would be better to create a dedicated folder for the import (see attachments)
Thanks CB91710 but confused here.

(06-24-2017, 01:25 PM)CB91710 Wrote:

Example:

Interesting...  I just tried this same command:
C:\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar user=Rich exit=yes

And I got the same error as Spencer

Prior to the error it popped up with a warning about write protection and suggested running from a different folder or as Admin.

Edit:  Working now.  The command must be executed from within the FlashPAP folder...  it could not be accessed just by opening the CMD window and typing the command...  a CD\FlashPAP command was needed.
Sorry again confused, CD\FlashPAP command to be placed in the script? Can show me how? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Add the command line:
cd /Users/imac/Documents/FlashPAP

Your file should look like this:

#!/bin/bash
cd /Users/imac/Documents/FlashPAP
java -jar /Users/imac/Documents/FlashPAP/FlashPAP.jar user="Spencer Dreamstation" exit=yes

Place this script file in the FlashPAP directory.  Although if the file is in the FlashPAP directory, you shouldn't need to "cd" it.

This works on my Linux box when it is in the FlashPAP directory:
#!/bin/bash
java -jar FlashPAP.jar user="Spencer Dreamstation" exit=yes

I created a fpap file that uses your name as well to test this.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red! Works like a charm! Thanks Thanks Thanks  

No need place script in FlashPAP directory. Works from my desktop.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats  Well-done  st8800!

Banana  Banana  Banana
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 663 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,193 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,922 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,130 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 795 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,096 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.