Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir not working with ResScan
Toshiba FlashAir not working with ResScan
I have just purchased a Toshiba FlashAir W-03 Wireless SD card and have got it working perfectly with sleepyHead but for some reason when I click on the "download data" button in ResScan it keeps on telling me "There are no devices available" (Connect a flow generator or Data card and try again).

Is it possible to get ResScan working with the FlashAir card in the same way as SleepyHead?

I have tried everything I can think of but I am out of ideas Dont-know

I've tried mapping a network drive to the root directory of the flash card by enabling webdav, I have used subst to try and create the appearance of a local disk, i even setup a small partition and copied the files manually, but it still seems to want an actual SD card.

Has anyone for this working that could offer me some advice?

Thanks

Robbie
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Toshiba FlashAir not working with ResScan
I had the same problem with Encore Pro. I put an extra sd card into my cpap machine and let the machine format and copy my data to the card. I then put the card into a card reader dedicated to that card so the drive designation wouldn't change. I opened Encore Pro and when it found the card, I assigned it to my profile in Encore Pro. Next I went into the app I use to interface with the wifi card (Flashpap) and assigned the new sd card as the download destination. It has been working great. Maybe you can do something similar.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan is looking for a drive with the data and not a directory. Other than downloading the data from the Flashaire to another SD card in the computer. Or you might try partitioning part of your hard drive (2-4Gb) and use it to store the Flashaire's data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't there a Windows command to mount a directory as a drive?

It might be a powershell command...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Mongo, you get a gold star.

Here is the trick:
1. If your data directory is one word (e.g.: CardData) go to step 7

2. If your data directory is more than one word (e.g.: D:\Steve Resmed)
then in Notepad write:
@ECHO OFF
echo %~s1

3. Save the file as "pathname.cmd" or any name you can remember. . .just make sure the the file ends with a ".cmd".

4. Run the above file to obtain the DOS directory name.
example:
D:\>pathname "D:\Steve Resmed"
The result is:
D:\STEVER~1

7. Issue the following command:
subst X: D:\STEVE~1 (use your directory name)
(Note: The drive letter is your choice. Don't pick a letter that is in use.)

8. The Steve Resmed directory is now aliased to drive X.

9. You can download the data directly into ResScan.

I tested this before I posted it, so I know it does work.

Good Luck and kudos to Mongo for making me aware of this command's existence.

OH!, I almost forgot; To remove the aliased drive letter, issue the command:
subst X: /D (again replace the "X" with the drive letter you chose.)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I copied the SD card data into a folder on the C: drive and then mapped it.

C:\>dir C:\DATALOG
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 304D-60D6

Directory of C:\DATALOG

04/30/2016 09:31 PM <DIR> .
04/30/2016 09:31 PM <DIR> ..
04/30/2016 09:31 PM <DIR> 20160215
04/30/2016 09:31 PM <DIR> 20160428
04/30/2016 09:31 PM <DIR> 20160429
04/30/2016 09:31 PM <DIR> 20160430
0 File(s) 0 bytes
6 Dir(s) 57,254,354,944 bytes free

C:\>subst R: C:\DATALOG

ResScan does not find the drive that is created. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong please.

Thank you.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
It is hit or miss in my experience. If the "drive" you are pointing to is not recognized as an external, it usually fails. Some have had good luck with substituting a folder for a drive but I have never been able to get it to work.

If you have Flashair, you have the original SD card that came with your ResMed machine. Put the ResMed SD card into your computer and have one of the utilities, SleepMaster or FlashPap, copy the flashair to your resmed SD card and then ResScan will read from that. If you do not have an SD card reader, they are cheap enough on amazon or eBay ~$5 US.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I must be holding my mouth the wrong way. It worked for me before but not right now. . .Sorry!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
It is my understanding that FlashPap just copies the contents of the FlashAir to a folder? Hence, one would need to copy them to SD card or thumb drive? I was trying to test things before my FlashAir arrives tomorrow. FlashPap has a control that says "Exit and Run Sleep Tracking Software." But won't an additional step be needed for ResScan?

Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2016, 04:42 PM)MikeV99 Wrote: It is my understanding that FlashPap just copies the contents of the FlashAir to a folder? Hence, one would need to copy them to SD card or thumb drive? I was trying to test things before my FlashAir arrives tomorrow. FlashPap has a control that says "Exit and Run Sleep Tracking Software." But won't an additional step be needed for ResScan?

Thanks for the help.

I put an extra sd card into my cpap machine and let the machine format and copy my data to the card. I then put the card into a card reader on my computer dedicated to that card so the drive designation wouldn't change. I use the extra sd card as the FlashPap's download destination. I can import into whatever program I choose from the sd card and it also gives me a backup copy of the FlashAir card.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 73 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,333 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 656 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 371 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.