Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Toshiba FlashAir on Mac Notes
Toshiba FlashAir on Mac Notes
This was a PITA to get working the way I wanted, but in the end it turned out to be fairly simple. The main issue was really that the FlashAir software isn't great, and it sort of sends you in a bad default direction for a CPAP machine (even if it's right for a camera).

Anyhow notes in case it helps anyone else...

Goal: Load my CPAP data into OSCAR running on my Mac (which is hardwired ethernet) without having to take the SD card out of the AirSense 10 and without having to jump through too many hoops on my Mac.

Solution:

The main discovery was that I could edit the WIFI config of the FlashAir card, directly on the card. The software wasn't giving me any option to set the card to a simple WIFI client (with DHCP, that would simply connect to my network just like any other device). It keep trying to set it up as an access-point.

If you plug the flashcard in, you'll see a directory called "SD_WLAN". Inside that folder is a CONFIG file. You can edit the options in there to set it up as a simple wireless client:

Code:
[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.04
CID=02544d535733324755e468cc7b012501
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=your-wireless-network-name
APPNETWORKKEY=your-wireless-network-password
APPMODE=5
DNSMODE=0
APPNAME=resmed
LOCK=1
MASTERCODE=set-a-code-for-the-mobile-app
WEBDAV=2

Back up this file first, if you want to restore it in case of issues.

The above are the only options you should have in there - take out any other options (or they might cause issues). You'll really only need to edit APPSSID, APPSSID, and MASTERCODE in the above example.

DON'T copy and paste the above. For the fields you are not editing, you need the values generated on your own card (such as CIPATH, VERSION, CID, …etc). In other words, the config above is just an example - EDIT the config on your own card.

Once you've saved your edits, pop the card and put it back into your CPAP machine. You should now be able to browse to http://resmed.local/ and see the files on the card. Furthermore you can map a drive to it, as a WebDAV drive in OSX in the finder by going to Go -> Connect to Server then typing in http://resmed.local/

One your drive is mapped, OCSAC picks it up automatically (apparently it scans your volumes for what appears to be resmed data structures - cool).

Reference on this CONFIG file can be found here: https://flashair-developers.com/en/docum...pi/config/
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Toshiba FlashAir on Mac Notes
It should also be noted that I'm using a FlashAir v4 card in the above. I have no experience with the earlier versions - but it seems like you no longer really need any 3rd party tools with the v4 cards (since you can just permanently mount the drive over your wireless network and OSCAR detects and reads straight from it).
Post Reply Post Reply
You may copy over the files as you noted but the 3rd Party software copies only the files that it doesn't have on the PC. Using WebDav requires some effort to achieve the same process.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
>>>the 3rd Party software copies only the files that it doesn't have on the PC

That's only important when you have a year or more of data and each high-rate (flow & pressure) are approaching 1MB worth of data... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent point!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In this setup, you're not copying any files anywhere.

OSCAR is just reading them straight over the mapped drive. In fact, on a MAC (not positive on PC), OSCAR even auto-finds the mapped drive with the CPAP data (just like it auto-detects the data on an SD card when inserted). I literally open up OSCAR and click Import, then click Yes and that's it.

I suppose you could copy the files over somewhere if you wanted to, for additional backup purposes.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as your mapped drive doesn't ever go away, and then you have to start all over getting all the files...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2019, 10:49 PM)pholynyk Wrote: As long as your mapped drive doesn't ever go away, and then you have to start all over getting all the files...

Not sure I understand there? I've disconnected and reconnected the mapped drive several times in the process (as well as every time I take my laptop out of the house). I've never had to start all over - why would that happen?
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
I'm glad that it is working for you.  Is your DHCP server acting as your WINS server as well?  The reason I ask is because if the DHCP server assigns a new address to the FlashAir, the WINS server is going to point to the old address unless it gets a refresh command.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
My DNS server does also act as a WINS server - however, this is a mac and that never comes into play (WINS is a Windows name resolution protocol).

.local based name resolution is multicast DNS resolution (rfc6762). So the name doesn't need to register itself anywhere. None-the-less, you could just as easily configure it with a static IP if you were concerned about this or if you were running on Windows and mDNS isn't supported there (not positive).

Notes on the options to configure it with a static IP can been found here: https://flashair-developers.com/en/documents/api/config/

Happy to help out anyone if they go this route and run into trouble.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 741 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 245 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,694 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,555 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Identify nights by notes? BlueSky1958 6 1,014 06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 827 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 512 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.