Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Total Machine hours can be reset
Total Machine hours can be reset
Something I wasn't aware of was the Total Hours of a machine can be reset without going back to the factory. Came across instructions in a Dream Station Service Manual. It instructed the use of the Service Center Tools Suite located on My Respironics. They hook the machine through a PC using a cable that fits into a link module slot. Although users cant access the site authorized dealers/DME's can. The instructions say the machine hours should only be reset if the blower is replaced.

Of course if a DME is going to reset the total hours I don't think the words "should only be reset" is going to stop them.

Don't know about ResMed but I assume they may have their own software that does this.

Maybe most of you knew this but it was news to me.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Total Machine hours can be reset
Dang!

I suppose one could verify the mileage with Resmed; they must have the serial number on file.

Maybe we should take some photos of brand new out of the box machines so everyone knows what they look like? Mine has a big sticker on it, plus a little plastic removable top to the round button.

When I picked up my unit, the one they tried to send me with was used. I knew that by minute inspection. Then I verified with the odometer. Minute inspection is very important, IMO. Heck, take photos on your smart phone and zoom in to look for scuffs and dust!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that is disturbing news.

HalfAsleep is right about the inspection, IMO. Also, there should be a box... and that box should have a sticker with numbers matching the machine. At least mine did.
Post Reply Post Reply
Over here in the UK they used to be reset if they were returned faulty, cleaned up by the company, sterilised (how did they do that I wonder?   The only time a machine of mine ever felt fresh and clean is when I went to see a sleep tech at a hospital and he blasted some gas or some kind through it, it felt clean and fresh like it was new out the factory), here in the UK with the NHS (Notional Health Service) machines are repaired and returned to the hospital.
These are then used if another machine breaks down, it is the only way we can get a machine fast is to accept an old machine.  Every time I have had one of these, hours run said either 0 or 1.  Who were they trying to kid?  Everyone knew they were getting a used machine, the only time you get a new one is when you first get one.
I got a new one just lately only because they upgraded me.  So I had to get a new one.
When I got three machines to test, the one I kept had 0 hrs, a Dreamstation had 3hrs on it and an S9 had five hours on it.  The two with a few hours on they had had something blown through them as they both had the same clinically clean smell like the one when I saw the sleep tech.

I did know they could be reset, I imagine it was easier with older machines?

Like older cars, the mileage could be tampered with, but newer ones can't be unless you are a dealer and have the software.

As a side note, I had a firms car (a VW) that went in to have a fault fixed, they fixed it but blew the digital speedometer, so they had to order another.
They put in the mileage in Kilometres instead of Miles, they had to order another as the mileage could only be put in once.  Cost over $500 a pop British prices!  Maybe cheaper for the part in the USA!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
So if you buy a machine second hand from a well known supplier, they could have done a lot more that it says on the tin?   Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
from what i understand the user hours can be reset, but blower/run hours can not be.
Post Reply Post Reply
heyslick. Read the top again. Total hours means blower/run hours. They can be change.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
so then both user hours , and blower hours can be reset, ok thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you able to DO it?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Not me. I don't work for a DME. I'm just a little peon.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 195 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.