Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Total Machine hours can be reset
RE: Total Machine hours can be reset
Another possible way to tell if it has been used, assuming it contains an SD card, is to view the SD card's file structure in your computer. Deleting a user's data leaves behind an empty folder for each day of use. At least this was true for my machine. It came with a few hours of runtime, and one empty folder.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the box have the serial number on it? Many electronics do. Demand the box (it can be opened in front of you) and match the box serial number with the unit serial number.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2017, 11:41 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Does the box have the serial number on it?

Yes, the number I mentioned is the serial number.

When my supplier was setting up the machine, I watched as he pulled each item out of the packaging (along with pristine manuals). While he was busy with all of that, I noticed the sticker on the box that was sitting on the floor. The serial number was on the paper work too. "I'm sure you won't mind if I double check these numbers?" says I, while proceeding to do just that.

All of that to say: the serial number is going to be used to identify you within 'the system.' If they're saying you are getting a new machine, you should be able to access the box. The box will have the serial number on it. The serial number should match the number on your machine and I believe it is also used to identify you within ResMed MyAir and also within their downloadable software (assuming you are with ResMed).

The box ought to look pristine, as well as all of the documentation within it. If you have a climate-line hose, there should be a manual with it (and I seem to recall that it was sealed in a bag as well). HalfAsleep has already mentioned a thorough visual exam for wear and cleanliness (especially the power supply/cords).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2017, 05:34 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: sterilised (how did they do that I wonder? 

Probably Ethylene Oxide if the actually do sterilize it.  (Ask Mr. Google about EtO.)

More likely they "sanitize" the hoses, water tank, and mask with heat or something like Control III.  Then wipe down the outside of the unit and ignore the fact that they didn't do anything about germs inside the machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, investigative reporter Walla Walla. Another thing to keep in mind while accepting a new machine.

In other news, some crazy guy in south central PA used coffee in his machine's humidifier tub. He was able to breathe in coffee all night while trying to sleep.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2017, 09:46 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: In other news, some crazy guy in south central PA used coffee in his machine's humidifier tub. He was able to breathe in coffee all night while trying to sleep.

Dave
lots-o-coffee

Lolabove Laugh-a-lot  Isn't that like turning both your heater and your air conditioner all the way up at the same time to see which one wins? Eat-popcorn Dielaughing Crazy Rolling laugh Loco Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be fairly accurate.

Another example: taking sleeping pills with monster energy drink.

Sorry Walla Walla...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
On mixing incompatible things ....

Do not take laxatives along with your Ambien at bedtime ......
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2017, 12:02 AM)Sheepish Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 09:46 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: In other news, some crazy guy in south central PA used coffee in his machine's humidifier tub. He was able to breathe in coffee all night while trying to sleep.

Dave
lots-o-coffee

Lolabove Laugh-a-lot  Isn't that like turning both your heater and your air conditioner all the way up at the same time to see which one wins? Eat-popcorn Dielaughing Crazy Rolling laugh Loco Mornincoffee

FWIW in that scenario, the electric co. wins.  Unsure

My ASV that was delivered to me about 2 months ago actually read zero hours, had the stickers and protective plastic on the dial and I think on the display, no box however. I gained a 2nd humidifier tub and SD card with this.

I wonder what the thinking is behind being able to reset machine hours. I'm not able to come up with any reasonable explanation. OK, time for morning coffee lots-o-coffee

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 195 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.