Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Viatom 02 Ring users take note
Viatom 02 Ring users take note
I updated Viatom's O2 Insight Pro on my Mac this morning & all my historical data going back several months 'disappeared' 

It seems that with the update Viatom have again changed the location where the files are stored. 

The historical files are still in the 'old' location, copying them to the new location doesn't work for some reason, the application still doesn't recognise them. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Viatom 02 Ring users take note
Have you tried copying the db_o2.db file from the old location the new location? The macOS app imports the data from the binary file into the db file, then uses the db file to display the info. Looks like the only obvious difference is the underscores, although they may have changed something in the db file also.

I haven't updated yet and have not had a moment to test it in a VM. Will test it tomorrow when if I get some spare time.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try renaming the newer db_o2.db file in the newer location, then copy the older db_o2.db file from the old location. After you copy the older db file, you probably need to reimport the newer O2 data again.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red has a good point about renaming the new db file instead, then copy the old one to the new location. Then re-import the data from your oximeter.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I emailed viatom/Wellue this morning & have just received the following reply.

I'm quite impressed with their response. I'll wait for the new app update tomorrow. 

Hello, 

Thank you for your deatiled feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. 

We have confirmed the mac app bug and will solve it in the next version, please do not delete the mac app, just wait the new version and then update it, then the old data will recover. The new version app will be released tomorrow.
Thanks in advance for your patience.

best regards,
Wellue Customer Service
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know, thanks Cuppa.

Now we can add that they don't test their software prior to releasing it. Hammer
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
They updated the Mac application as they said they would & all historical data now shows up again.

They have used the pre-update file storage location. ie the first (BEFORE) screenshot in the OP of this thread /O2_Insight_Pro/

There is an update in the App Store - still the same version 1.8.4 - just says 'Bug Fix'
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know. Thanks Cuppa!
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 77 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 644 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,300 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 508 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/Wellue Check Me O2 [interface cable] Kingsway 6 1,216 11-14-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,431 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.